Bridge

/ Bridge #1  

theboman

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HST
Somebody posted recently about using semi-truck flatbed trailers as bridges. I was at a new paintball course on 5/1 and noticed the bridge seemed to be a trailer, and asked the owner and by golly, that's what the bridge...was! A mighty fine bridge indeed.
They only had a problem lifting the bridge up the other side of the creek. A JD 450 ain't designed to lift... They took their time and worked it up a little at a time.

/ Bridge #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Somebody posted recently about using semi-truck flatbed trailers as bridges. I was at a new paintball course on 5/1 and noticed the bridge seemed to be a trailer, and asked the owner and by golly, that's what the bridge...was! A mighty fine bridge indeed.)</font>

Now if I could just find a couple of old flatbeds, cheap. Anyone know where to start looking for something like this?

John Mc

/ Bridge #3  
\"Nope, that bridge once carried Minuteman missles!\"

How about a 90,000#, $155,000 trailer (57' x 10') that was used to haul Minuteman ballistic missles?

Or if you want the Boeing branded container too, it'll cost a little more. Maybe you could use the container as a garage for your tractor? Original price: $755,050.00, plus the trailer above. Oh yeaa, there are two available. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Minimum bid is $35.

Can't you just hear it now?

Guest: "John, that's a mighty fine bridge."
John: "Yep. You know, they used to haul Minuteman missles on it..."

Bryan

Attachments

• 263067-stan815340.jpg
    263067-stan815340.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 229
   / Bridge
The just laid it across the creek, bank to bank. Then added dirt to the ends so you can drive right across.

Check junk yards (beware of wars) and trucking companies. Remember you're not wanting a new one. You want the frame work as a bridge.

/ Bridge #7  
I'm trying to get a ball park figure on a trailer deck bridge. I'm guessing they weigh in the neighvborhood of 6,000 lbs without the axels. Am I close?

At scrap prices... does anyone know the price of scrap steel? I seem to remember it being something like .01 cent a lb.

Would appreciate any feedback

Mike

/ Bridge #8  
Pickup any of the equipment trader magazines off a newstand. In the back of the Big Truck Trader there's always lots of ads for trailers. See if you can find something that's really rough or won't pass inspection.

Some dealer will have something like that parked out back or will know someone that does.

/ Bridge #9  
Scrap dealers make their money the same way real estate investors do, on the buy.

I buy scrap, good stuff at the scrap dealer, fifteen to twenty five cents a pound, even though out of the kindness of their heart they allow folks selling twenty to thirty dollars a ton FOB their yard. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would figure two to six hundred for the trailer depending on where it was and it's condition and then a hundred to three hundred to have it moved to your property. That's if the trailer is towable. Where all a trucker has to do is get a temporary permit and air up the tires and the brakes work more or less. If you have to have it loaded, hauled, and then unloaded, better check your credit card balances first.

/ Bridge
Lots of time they just load the trailers on another flatbed and move them.