British Leyland

/ British Leyland #11  
You're probably right, Bob. Same shade of blue or something /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

FWIW I found this on a box containing a waterpump rebuild kit for a 3 cylinder Ford 2000:
"Ford Tractor Operations
Ford Motor Company Ltd., Basildon, Essex, England"

Anyone know of a tractor plant, Leyland or Ford, in Basildon?
Bob

/ British Leyland #12  
Leylands were later bought by the Marshal company and were produced under that name for a while. Never ford that Im aware of.
I'm not sure what rolled out of leylan plants other than leylands. If you look at them.. there are design differences than the fords.

Now with ford/fordsons.. there were many english made fords.. and lovely lucas electronics to go with it.

I'm not up on the british side of ford.. so I can't help you with manufacturing facilities.. except to say that I've never seen leyland info come up on my ford parts searches.. even when I was looking for british fordson parts for a super major, and a fordson dexta..

Soundguy

/ British Leyland #13  
Obviously not a real popular brand of tractor.......just wondering if anyone has or had one. Maybe I'am better off?

Mark
leyland.JPG

Attachments

• leyland.JPG
    leyland.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
   / British Leyland #14  
They were generally good tractors, with many of them still hard at work. They were never as popular as Ford or IH but still good workhorses.