Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #11  
WilliamBos said:
Does he make them for other brands?? Does he have a website??

Your best bet is to contact Richard yourselves...see the email link in the above posts...

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers
I also bought mine together with the ripper tooth. BroTek has the spacers listed for $260 alone but $220 with any combo of other attachments. That price included shipping. Yes, they are expensive, but it is a machined piece and high quality. I can say that Richard is prompt and I was equally as impressed with the ripper tooth as I was the spacers quality.
I also just installed the American Solutions grapple and wanted to give the tractor a test run. I keep staring at the new wheel stance because I can't believe how much 2" on each side changes the stance. I picked up a load of branches on a muddy slope and I never had that tippy feeling I've come to know. I did not feel any noticable difference in turning but my eye catches the rear tires sticking out further. So far I am happy with them, but I may also go the route of filling the tires for extra measure.

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #13  
sailnseagulls said:
I also bought mine together with the ripper tooth. BroTek has the spacers listed for $260 alone but $220 with any combo of other attachments. That price included shipping. Yes, they are expensive, but it is a machined piece and high quality.

I'd call that more than fair for parts that nice...... especially if you price other company's wheel spacers. Definitely right in the same ballpark.

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #14  
Thanks for posting the pictures of the spacers, and giving us an idea on the price. Snap a couple pictures of the tractor with them installed if you get a chance. That wider stance has to look good!

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #15  
ChuckinNH said:
Thanks for posting the pictures of the spacers, and giving us an idea on the price. Snap a couple pictures of the tractor with them installed if you get a chance. That wider stance has to look good!

OK will do!

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #16  
Mowbizz said:
OK will do!

Well, I lied...I said I'd take pictures of the wheel spacers but I installed them tonight after working all day and they look great...got stuck in some mud today in a lady's back yard (or should I say "swamp" ) damned wheels were spinning like heck...4 wheel drive wasn't gonna get me out either...before I buried the hubs, I shut her down and luckily there was enough room to back my F250 down the hill in the back yard and I used one of my tie down straps to hook up and pull her free...whew! Didn't know what I was going to do but thank God I had room for the truck and the tie down strap...:D
After I clean the BX up a bit I'll snap some pics of the tractor with the spacers installed...

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #17  
I mounted the Bro-Tek wheel spacers today and the tire spacing went from 44" to 49.5" out side to out side. It feels more stable using the bucket and I don't get that woops feeling when having the load at the outer edges of the bucket.
One other improvement is that I now have 5" of space between the tire and the side of the tractor frame. That will make it nicer when I mount the backhoe next time.
And as someone said you need a reguler socket to mount the wheel on the adapter, the heavy wall driver sockets won't fit.
All in all a very good improvement to the good old BX2200
Jimc Seguin, TX

/ Bro-Tek Wheel Spacers #18  
Here are some pictures of the spacers & the stance also. He fabbed front spacers for me also, but not as wide as the rears. Richard is great to do business with - have his bash plates also but have not had time to install them yet. By the way, if you order them make sure to set the studs with a punch - some of mine were not pressed home.

Attachments

• FT SPACER.JPG
    FT SPACER.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 497
  • RR SPACER.JPG
    RR SPACER.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 489
  • FRONT.JPG
    FRONT.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 513
  • rear 1.JPG
    rear 1.JPG