Loader broke 420 loader lift cylinder

/ broke 420 loader lift cylinder
Not completely finished with the project but am getting close. The cylinders I linked in post #17 are going to work perfectly! Very easy to modify. I chopped off 1.5" of the base end which came as a "tang". This included the 3/4" pin hole it came with. I went to the local steel yard and had them match the cross tube to OEM. The cylinder rod was then about 3" too long so I laid the good OEM cylinder next to the new one and put a pin through both base ends to get them even. I fully extended both cylinder rods and made my but mark on the new cylinder. Chopped it off and tacked the new cross tube in place. The trickiest part of the whole process was in having new hoses made. The ports in the cylinders were in line with the hose direction so no 90* fittings were necessary on the cylinder end. I simply bought Male to Male 1/2" O Ring Boss to JIC 3/8". Then had one of my hose ends a JIC 3/8 Female. The other end stayed same - OEM 3/8" ORSF 90* to attach to the loaders hard line fittings. The picture may help make sense out of that Gibberish.

I want to say thanks to Marc for the inspiration to do the project (through his videos). Fortunately with the cylinders I was able to find my mods are MUCH simpler. All I have left is pulling the new cylinders and finishing the welds on what is currently tacked in place.

I'll add pics shortly

base end.jpgnew hoses.jpgtwo cylinders.jpg

/ broke 420 loader lift cylinder #22  
I have just broken by left lift cylinder. In the two solutions I notice that all of the work is to relocate the pressure/drain fittings to the side. Is there any reason not to have them on the top or bottom. I am on the edge of the middle of nowhere and can see the edge of the earth the other way so welding is a three hour trip. Any feedback (beside get a welder!)

/ broke 420 loader lift cylinder #23  
Arkvet,
Do you still have the good cylinder, or did you already sell it on ebay? I have the same loader, just broke a rod very similar to what your pictures show.

/ broke 420 loader lift cylinder
Arkvet,
Do you still have the good cylinder, or did you already sell it on ebay? I have the same loader, just broke a rod very similar to what your pictures show.

99% sure the original "good" cylinder that I removed is hanging in my shop right now. I haven't sold it. I would consider selling it though. I have no use for it obviously. Probably even have a couple extra hoses for it since I had to change the fittings for my fabrication work.

/ broke 420 loader lift cylinder #26  
arkvet,
Not sure if you got the email I sent... but I am interested in buying your cylinder... and the hoses.... Any idea what they are worth, or what you'd want for them and shipping?
Thanks
btw, I had to change my username
from tbik
to
tbik38

/ broke 420 loader lift cylinder #27  
99% sure the original "good" cylinder that I removed is hanging in my shop right now. I haven't sold it. I would consider selling it though. I have no use for it obviously. Probably even have a couple extra hoses for it since I had to change the fittings for my fabrication work.

Sir,

Just wondering if you found that "good" cylinder and I could buy it.... If so, would $200 be enough for it?

Please let me know.

Thanks

tbik38