Broke down in field

/ Broke down in field #21  
Tractor is mechanically complete and home. I'm doing some tweeking to body panels and putting fresh matching hardware in. Moved on to adding major lighting for night cutting.

I meant the mowing!

/ Broke down in field #22  
Tractor is mechanically complete and home. I'm doing some tweeking to body panels and putting fresh matching hardware in. Moved on to adding major lighting for night cutting.

I meant the mowing!

/ Broke down in field #23  
It sure doesn't make sense when you look at it like that(just what's in the picture). The only access to the land has a no go approach angle for the gooseneck. I could drag it a few hundred yards on a nice area a car could drive. There is no steering dead. Then drag it through the ditch onto the road, winch it onto my gooseneck, take it a few miles home and work on it in my yard. I work outdoors everyday I don't really care if it's in or out. What's the difference

Guess you'd nice to have for a neighbor, if my tractors motor stopped in the woods, I'd have no idea what to look for, how does one it's the injector pump, are there symptoms leading up to a melt down? Only thing I know to do is hit the TBN panic button.

What's your everyday out side work, farming? I cant stand everyday out side work especially when it's welding, that's my job, I prefer inside under roof work, operating equipment with cab would be nice long as the machine has a heated/ac cab.

/ Broke down in field #24  
When I see a picture like this and someone says it's not accessible, to me 2+2 is not making 4. A two wheel drive tractor in a open field where it looks like a car could go let alone 4x4 pickup or another tractor that could pull it to safe harbor. I wouldn't mind changing a battery, alternator, starter or something small in the bushes, but injector pump or alike, my tractor would have to be over hill and over dale, cross a swamp down a mountain for me to do that.
My thoughts exactly.

It sure doesn't make sense when you look at it like that(just what's in the picture). The only access to the land has a no go approach angle for the gooseneck. I could drag it a few hundred yards on a nice area a car could drive. There is no steering dead. Then drag it through the ditch onto the road, winch it onto my gooseneck, take it a few miles home and work on it in my yard. I work outdoors everyday I don't really care if it's in or out. What's the difference

The difference is that then whenever I hit a stopping point I could walk inside and rest easy, ALL my tools would be readily accessible and if bad weather came up shelter would be there.

/ Broke down in field
Guess you'd nice to have for a neighbor, if my tractors motor stopped in the woods, I'd have no idea what to look for, how does one it's the injector pump, are there symptoms leading up to a melt down? Only thing I know to do is hit the TBN panic button. What's your everyday out side work, farming? I cant stand everyday out side work especially when it's welding, that's my job, I prefer inside under roof work, operating equipment with cab would be nice long as the machine has a heated/ac cab.

I do hvac and I work on our stationary machinery also. I have a garage to work in but it has stationary tools. It's nice to have a set of quickly portable tools. Some days I may have to pack a truck full of tools to work on an air conditioner on a roof. When you get use to being a nomad mechanic it's really no big deal. I honestly don't think about it much. As for symptoms... the tractor always runs like a top with no smoke working loaded. It began random puffs of smoke. I began checking a few things and it was worsening. Then it just went to no start with huge amount of white smoke while cranking. I figured something in the injector pump let go since it was the only likely way it jumped time. I'm never really messed with one but the logic made sense.