Broke down in field

/ Broke down in field #11  
I really like the enthusiasm displayed by the "help" in the truck! ;-)

That could be my wife.

She cracks me up. Loves to watch me do stuff. She'll help, but she likes to watch or be nearby.

She'll follow me around when I'm in the excavator and watch me all day long. It's funny to me somehow. I look over - there she is - smiling and watching.

I think it's because, as a kid, she helped her dad work on old cars and build his airplane.

I agree that it is moral support. I'm happy to have a wife that doesn't totally ignore the things I'm working on or interested in.

/ Broke down in field #13  
Finally happened, tractor laid down on a money field. Just as my luck would have it, the area it broke down in was not really accessible to retrieve it and get it home. So in my spare time I worked on it and got it repaired in field. I got to give it to the Massey because of the ease of repair. A handful of tools was all that I needed. Injector pump grenaded but thankfully the housing was still ok. Injectors went with it.

When I see a picture like this and someone says it's not accessible, to me 2+2 is not making 4. A two wheel drive tractor in a open field where it looks like a car could go let alone 4x4 pickup or another tractor that could pull it to safe harbor. I wouldn't mind changing a battery, alternator, starter or something small in the bushes, but injector pump or alike, my tractor would have to be over hill and over dale, cross a swamp down a mountain for me to do that.

/ Broke down in field #14  
When I see a picture like this and someone says it's not accessible, to me 2+2 is not making 4. A two wheel drive tractor in a open field where it looks like a car could go let alone 4x4 pickup or another tractor that could pull it to safe harbor. I wouldn't mind changing a battery, alternator, starter or something small in the bushes, but injector pump or alike, my tractor would have to be over hill and over dale, cross a swamp down a mountain for me to do that.

And then you wouldn't get the help shown in the original picture.

Get the picture! ;-)

/ Broke down in field #15  
Thoughtful of you to keep the camp-chair in the pick-up for such emergency reclining moments. ;)

A ground-sheet under the tractor is useful for when you 'drop' the inevitable washer, screw, small spring etc. Saves a lot of 'hunting' in the grass with a magnet or microscope. :2cents:

/ Broke down in field
It sure doesn't make sense when you look at it like that(just what's in the picture). The only access to the land has a no go approach angle for the gooseneck. I could drag it a few hundred yards on a nice area a car could drive. There is no steering dead. Then drag it through the ditch onto the road, winch it onto my gooseneck, take it a few miles home and work on it in my yard. I work outdoors everyday I don't really care if it's in or out. What's the difference

/ Broke down in field
Thoughtful of you to keep the camp-chair in the pick-up for such emergency reclining moments. ;) A ground-sheet under the tractor is useful for when you 'drop' the inevitable washer, screw, small spring etc. Saves a lot of 'hunting' in the grass with a magnet or microscope. :2cents:
Always have chairs in the pickup that's standard operating procedure. You work on enough stuff your fingers get sticky and you drop less :D

/ Broke down in field
It's necessary to do injector pumps in fields. When you pull injectors and put a long weed in cyl1 and pull VC to roll it around to TDC. Fields have the best weeds to find top dead center.

/ Broke down in field
So my question is: did you finish the job?
Tractor is mechanically complete and home. I'm doing some tweeking to body panels and putting fresh matching hardware in. Moved on to adding major lighting for night cutting.