Broke my new cutter

/ Broke my new cutter #11  
Neighbor had a old blade on a old Howse cutter break without hitting anything. Very odd. It sure woke him up though!

/ Broke my new cutter #12  
I've broken many many rocks, but never the blade. About the only thing I DON'T mow is nice grassy fields and very small saplings.

/ Broke my new cutter #13  
I'm in the haven't broken a blade "yet" club. Ive dinged the snot out of them and replaced numerous pairs, I'm thinking maybe a poor piece of steel used :confused3:

/ Broke my new cutter #14  
Years ago I broke a blade in a 6' cutter, I lifted it over a stump but dropped it back down too fast and it hit the stump hard. It rattled like heck because of the very unbalanced unit. I replaced both blades with a set from TSC.

/ Broke my new cutter #15  
Mower blades (rotary and finish) are designed to bend not break. Glad no one was near when it let loose! Did the blade penetrate the side of the mower or did the mower contain the blade? I know that there are lots of ASABE, and ISO specs regarding test that rotary cutters must go through. I had the opportunity to see some pictures of Woods's testing facility for rotary cutters. A lot more work goes into making rotary cutters safe than I would have thought.