Broke my TC40DA

/ Broke my TC40DA #11  
I'm glad you didn't get badly hurt, Eddie, that could have been disaster. Best of luck with the repair.

/ Broke my TC40DA #12  
dlctcg

I grew up in Coventry. Right on the lake.

You are right about the dealer. Great folks.

The manual is 1400 pages so it should be comprehensive and, if it is, it will be worth the $500 to me. I can't believe how many lines, wires and components will have to be disconnected and, then, reconnected to make this repair. Just having something to refer to showing which goes where will be invaluable.

Didn't grow up in Coventry... definitely a great move for us... moved here a little over 12yrs ago... We are a little closer your way North Coventry (if there really is such a distinction) closer to the Tolland / Storrs line, we love the area.

I hear you on the number of things that need to be disconnected... This is a pic of our TC40D not long ago during its resurrection... (already on the rebuild phase)
TC40D Rebuild.jpg

All I can say is take pictures of everything... it was invaluable on reassembly (Hmm which way did this spring go)... Bag & label everything you can & keep as many parts sectioned together as possible.... It take extra time to do it all but I didn't wind up with any spare parts after assembly & it runs great so I figured I did a ok job... Didn't have to go as deep as you do for disassembly for repair... but definitely doable...

/ Broke my TC40DA #13  
Make sure you have plenty of containers for nuts bolts ,washers etc. LABEL each container and use a container per component(and associated fasteners), then if you have a spare stud or what ever you know at what stage the mistake was made. This worked for me when I did my MF135 engine.
Good Luck