broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader

/ broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader #11  
guess i was pushing the edge as i was pulling brush with the bucket rearward

and it might have doubled the line and i was fat and happy in the cab.......

I was pushing a brush pile with my bucket flat to the ground and lost some brush rolling under the bucket. I backed up and rolled the bucket down slightly to get the brush and moved forward again. BUMP! SPEW!...:eek::eek: One of my curl hoses let go because my bucket lip caught a stump. AARGH! Completely my own fault.:eek: Lesson learned.:)

It's hard to figure why both of your lines burst simultaneously, but obviously, it can happen.

/ broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader
ok guys thanks so much

guess its not a d-7 !~

will be a little more careful!!!!

i bent the cyl on this already

$$$$$

didnt think i was working it that hard and might caught a stump also!:cool:

ok

I havent used the tractor much and got a chance to day to do some
more brush moving and 5 minuites in there I had trouble.......

the loader will go up and down great!!!!!!
and it will curl back great

but the tilt down is super slow......
it acts like its under a heck of a load bumping the hyd relief or something/

changed lines at disconnect to up and down and it works great

so i got trouble in the spool valve...
what coould be wrong with it?????????
leaver moving cables just fine....:confused:

well i fixed it and 5 minuites later i bent a cylinder bad!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

i guess it was a quick connect....I took 2 of them off and compared then and in the back of them there is a height adjustment that has to be the same as others!!!

i am guessing that my cylinder rod was trying to lock up too:confused::rolleyes:

where can i buy a cylinder ---------not from john deere

i will buy 2 instead of theirs!!!!!!!!!!!

WAYNE county hose where are you!!

i will contact him tomorrow~;)

/ broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader #15  
WAYNE county hose where are you!!

i will contact him tomorrow~
01-17-2009 09:54 PM

Here in snowbound northeast Pa. Those blasted weathermen called for 1-3 inches yesterday and we got over a foot! Been shoveling this white pollution from the sky. Where is Algore and his global warming trumpet today? I would stick that thing straight up his tailpipe on his gas guzzling SUV if I could find him.

Okay Woody, sorry for the rant.:(

So you bent another rod. Well, do you have a cylinder or hydraulic shop locally? If not, we will see if you can take some measurements off the good one and find you a match. Sometimes, it's cheaper and easier to find a pair that are close and buy them both rather than buy one from a dealer.

/ broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader #16  
Just had a similar experience this past weekend with fairly new Kubota Grand L4740 (49hp) and LA854 loader. Had fork attachment on and forks tilted down. Fork tips were about 2' off the ground and I was pushing into a large burn pile trying to consolidate...heard a loud pop and lost dump & curl function. Could still move loader arms up and down, but no dump and curl. Thought for sure I blew a cylinder seal on one or both cylinders. Wasn't until I sat idling for a few that I got down and looked under tractor. Sure enough, I had fluid dripping at a pretty good rate from one of the solid steel fuel lines leading to the quick coupler mounting plate. The pressure spike just popped one of the steel lines like it was a thin straw. There was about a 1/2" tear in the line. I locked the loader joystick and no more leaking...threw some duct tape over the blown line, called Kubota and ordered a new line...hooked up the rotary cutter and mowed for a few hours. Checked the hydro dip stick and fluid level was still about 95%. Cant say I'm real happy with the strength of this tractor. I shoud loose traction pushing before blowing a steel hydro line. Not sure what Kubota did with the new "E-Hydro" system, but I was much happier with my old B2410 model...seemed simpler, and just seemed to have more grunt per lb of tractor.

/ broke steel hyd line 4320 JD 400x loader #17  
Started to read this post then realized it was 3/4 years old. But same problems. My tractor is a John Deere 4520 Power reverser with 400X loader. 760 hours.I was picking a 180 pound wheel weight off the ground to put in pick-up using hay forks to do this.
Blew a steel line one of the 4 tubes to loader. This line is for the curl downward out of port 1 of selector box. (Yellow line)
Repaced line and then still would not curl loosened the line at quick connect where metal hose is connected and good flow when selected. Removed the hose from quick connect and no flow of oil. cannot see a problem so purchased new quick connect conectors at J.D. store and installed now works properly .
Now my problem the curl function slowly looses the setting and will in time be all the way curled if not corrected by touch of joy stick. This is with load or no load. engine running or shut off.
If I have explained this enough can any one suggest a correction or adjustment to make.
it is hay season and really cannot see taking to dealer to repair with his shop full of tractors awaiting repairs.