Loader Broke the loader

/ Broke the loader #11  
The loader is off the tractor. I thought the lever was just bent, but it feels like the travel is limited when pushing up on it. Kind of like it’s “sprung”.

I can get the rear arms to sit on the “fingers” on the FEL mounts, but the arms refuse to extend back enough to sit in the cradles. Obviously not a workable situation.

thanks for the replies. This one is over my head.

Do raise/lower cylinders retract all the way? If the arms still don’t go low enough, can you use the bucket tilt/dump cylinders to tilt the bucket, which raises the front of the loader and lowers the arms at the tractor as it pivots on the loader stands?

/ Broke the loader #12  
Lever is probably locked into the detent position. Take the palm of your hand and slap the lever sharply to unlock it. then try mounting your loader.
I was curious about that as well. Backing up could bend the lever, but inadvertently pull it into the detent position without realizing it also.

/ Broke the loader #13  
You have a couple weeks to figure this out before the dealer gets involved it sounds like.

The more details you give the better the chances are that you will get help that is meaningful. For example, it’s not clear if the loader was on the tractor when you bent the lever which controls the loader valve. Simple pieces of information can be helpful in focusing attention on where the cause may be.

Also answering questions which are asked can lead to other suggestions that might help. For example, someone asked whether the cylinders extend and retract fully…if you answered this question I missed it.

/ Broke the loader #14  
Also
Give us pictures with signage pointing out what you think the problem may be.
Or just take it to the dealer in a few weeks.

/ Broke the loader
Sorry…I’ve been wrapped up in trying to fix this thing I’m not doing a good job of asking for help.

the idea of the lever being stuck in the detent position was a good one But it didn’t work.
F3AB3E71-4CFF-4C12-A256-7CBD5F083F52.jpeg

the cylinder is fine. the FEL wasn’t installed when I backed into the limb.

actually, there’s nothing to photograph. Everything looks good except for the lever itself, which has a slight bend in it, nothing too severe.

i appreciate all the responses.

I’ll wait until winter and take it to the dealer.

/ Broke the loader #16  
So except for the handle being bent into a new position, the handle and valve operates all the loader’s cylinders just like it should?

Why can’t you connect the loader back up? What loader arms don’t “extend”?
If the lift cylinders operate and are retracted all they can retract, that’s it, it’s not a handle or valve problem.
If loader arms are still not low enough to lower into the bracket on the tractor, other ways to make the tractor go up, or the arms be lower are required. Curling the bucket when the loader is supported by its support stand will have an effect on the arm’s height too and can be used to get the arms lower.

Last edited:
   / Broke the loader #17  
Picture, as usual, worth 1000 words. My BX2200 has the LA211 loader and my loader has the joystick and all the hydraulic connections and etc. on the loader frame... unlike yours that has the joystick and loader valve mounted on the tractor. That's why I was so puzzled over you bending the stick yet the loader was off the tractor... When you do take it in to the dealer I'd want to take the loader too if you find a way to do that. He almost has to have the loader with the tractor in order to debug the whole situation.

/ Broke the loader #18  
Have you been able to connect all 4 hoses? Also, with the tractor shut off, are you able to move the lever back and forth sideways? Looking at your picture, it still looks like the lever is in the detent position. Also, have you checked to see if the lever lock is unlocked? That is the small 90 degree lever with the black cap below the main lever.

/ Broke the loader
I can connect all 4 hoses.

good advice on taking the loader in with the tractor. It all fits on my trailer.

in the photo, the lever is in the detent position, and is unlocked. The lever releases from the detent position as usual and moves as it should, although pushing it forward, it feels a little mushy. Might be my imagination.

the lower arms remain at an angle that prevents the FEL from seating in the cradle. It feels like the lever doesn’t have enough travel to move the arms back.

I have mounted/unmounted the FEL a few hundred times since I bought it…
So except for the handle being bent into a new position, the handle and valve operates all the loader’s cylinders just like it should?

yes, except the rear arms don’t operate properly. I don’t think the lift cylinders are extending all the way.16AA335C-E1ED-4EFA-A6BD-55FB6697D910.jpeg

if the market wasn’t so wacky, I’d trade the thing in and get the next size up.

/ Broke the loader #20  
Not trying to be a smart a**, but are you plugging the hoses in correctly? IIRC, the hoses were color coded.
As you pull back on the lever, the lift cylinders will extend. Do they?