Broken bolt extraction tips

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #11  
The bad thing about welding, something on a broken bolt is that if it does not come out, then you have a real problem because the welded part is going to be harder than heck.
Even if you are going to weld on it soaking it down and center punching it, will help a lot.
Drilling completely threw then putting in a penetrating oil, sometimes I would hook up the welder threw an easy out and let it heat the piece up, then when it cools off, an hour later remove it.
good luck!

I have never had that issue welding a nut on something on countless numbers of equipment that I have done over the years, more than likely, if the bolts are a large size, they wont be hard to get out anyway. LUTT

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #12  
whether you weld a nut on or drill it for an easy out, try applying some Beeswax around the threads when it is hot. Don't know why but it worked for me.

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #13  
whether you weld a nut on or drill it for an easy out, try applying some Beeswax around the threads when it is hot. Don't know why but it worked for me.

I have heard of that trick, never have tried it . I think I am gonna have to. LUTT

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #14  
We weld nuts on as well if its not broken too deep below the face of the base material. The fast heating of the broken bolt really seems to help break it loose too.

/ Broken bolt extraction tips #15  
When there broken flush then I drill them with Left handed bits. Most of the time they will thread themselves out with the bit.