Broken seat mount

/ Broken seat mount #1  

clarky711

Tractor
Kubota L3540
I was helping a neighbor move some large chunks of a tree that he felled yesterday, when I noticed the seat mount broke on one side of my L3540. I’ll call my dealer on Monday, but does anyone know if I can get a new mounting tab or do I need to replace the whole seat? Ugh

IMG_4299.JPG

IMG_4300.JPG

IMG_4301.JPG

/ Broken seat mount #2  
That's not going to be a 5 minute repair, if even possible. That kind of brake just shouldn't have happened. I'm guessing that you'll be stuck with a whole new seat.

/ Broken seat mount #3  
Perhaps you can fab up a bracket and a way to mount the tab to the seat. I might be a bit difficult to weld the tab to the seat without having a thermal event with the foam.

/ Broken seat mount #4  
That kind of brake just shouldn't have happened.

OMG rust should never happen? To tractors left outside?

Id start by trying to disassemble that metal pan under the seat and weld a new tang onto the seat base before buying a whole new seat. Clean all the rusty bits with a wire brush. Put on a nice coat of paint to protect the bare metal before re-assembling.

/ Broken seat mount #5  
The seat pan should unfasten from the base giving you access to the hinge. BTW that looks like corrosion wear not only just 'rust'. Either weld with a patch or new bracket. If patched, you might have to carve out a wider slot, but I wouldn't call that a 'major'. The other side is probably ready to fail, too.

/ Broken seat mount #6  
Looks like mine would be a easier fix.
IMG-5716.JPG

/ Broken seat mount #8  
Take it apart and see. Might be an easy fix with a piece of steel and a couple holes, or might not be... Won't know until you get eyes on it.

/ Broken seat mount #9  
I was helping a neighbor move some large chunks of a tree that he felled yesterday, when I noticed the seat mount broke on one side of my L3540. I’ll call my dealer on Monday, but does anyone know if I can get a new mounting tab or do I need to replace the whole seat? Ugh

View attachment 648066

View attachment 648067

View attachment 648068

These tabs are likely available from Kubota. This is pic is from Messicks online catalogue for L3540HST (2007 - 2009)

Adjustments.JPG