Broken welds

/ Broken welds #71  
IF YOU EVER GET TO GO TO INDIA WHERE MAHINDRAS ARE MADE READY FOR ASSEMBLY IN TEXAS, YOU WOULD SEE WHY THE WELDS BREAK APART...
What did you see when you visited a Mahindra factory there and which one did you go to?
Was it this one?

Last edited:
   / Broken welds #72  
IF YOU EVER GET TO GO TO INDIA WHERE MAHINDRAS ARE MADE READY FOR ASSEMBLY IN TEXAS, YOU WOULD SEE WHY THE WELDS BREAK APART...
Meaning what Johnny boyyo?
Or are you simply an uninformed individual relying on your bigotry quotient?

/ Broken welds #73  
I don't read anything 'racist' in his comment at all. He just linked a YT video, nothing more. I believe you are being way to abject in your comment. Any production welded part can be defective. I've fixed numerous mis aligned and poorly welded Kubota assemblies that were improperly welded in Japan or in Georgia that were made for Kubota tractors in as much as I work part time for my Kubota dealer and I always fix those screw up's in my welding and fabrication shop.

In fact I just rebuilt a 'H' section frame for a bucket (parallelogram linkage) for a Case extenda-hoe. One of the ears was broken off and I beveled the broken off part as well as the mating part correctly (it was 1/2" thick, mild steel plate and the spray arced it in the shop, clamped to me welding table to insure correct alignment. After I welded it up, I returned it to the owner, who promptly bent it (it didn't bend where I welded it but in a different spot because the end of the dipper stick was already twisted and the customer didn't realize it, so I not only get the H weldment back to repair, I also got the entire unit to fix the twist in the end of the dipper stick as well.

Matter of fact, it's sitting in the side yard presently to be repaired. I did my job originally, but the customer didn't realize the end of the dipper stick was also twisted (the where the end of the stick was, the weldment is also not only twisted, but cracked as well.
You talkin about Johnny Boyye post?
If so, l saw no link and if not, the implication is extremely bigoted.
l notice he lacks the guts to return and enlighten us on his findings while visiting a Mahindra factory in India.

/ Broken welds #74  
I don't think welds should break. Engineering and welding should ensure the connection exceeds the demands. Welds breaking under 'normal' use are a red flag in my opinion.
I think the same thing. I've been a production welder, and I've been the guy inspecting the welds.

There is no excuse for a welded joint to break if done properly. If a part with welds in it breaks, it should do so somewhere else than at a weld. That welded joint should always be the strongest point on the assembly. Welding is easy to do right.

Just because it's a common manufacturing mistake doesn't make it right. A broken weld breaks because it was made poorly - it's as simple as that. The blame lies with the original design or welder.
rScotty

Last edited: