Brown Snot in diesel fuel?

/ Brown Snot in diesel fuel? #31  
Yeah, if there wasn't a cab, loader and all the other stuff in the way, I could pull the tank for a proper cleanout. Not gonna happen...

I'm not familiar with your machine & setup.... but 20 years ago, I went to clean out the fuel tank on my backhoe/loader. Mine has an approximate 1" bung on the bottom of it, no idea about yours.

I removed the bung (after emptying the tank) and took my pressure washer to the insides as best I could. Once I felt it was clean, I then took my garden sprayer, filled it with diesel and then used it to spray down the inside of the tank. All the while, the water was draining out the hole in the bottom and I put a container down there to catch the diesel rinse.

Put bung back on, refilled tank and life has been fine since.

Point being, there may be a way to give it a good wash while leaving it in place??

/ Brown Snot in diesel fuel?
I'm not familiar with your machine & setup.... but 20 years ago, I went to clean out the fuel tank on my backhoe/loader. Mine has an approximate 1" bung on the bottom of it, no idea about yours.

I removed the bung (after emptying the tank) and took my pressure washer to the insides as best I could. Once I felt it was clean, I then took my garden sprayer, filled it with diesel and then used it to spray down the inside of the tank. All the while, the water was draining out the hole in the bottom and I put a container down there to catch the diesel rinse.

Put bung back on, refilled tank and life has been fine since.

Point being, there may be a way to give it a good wash while leaving it in place??
It's the SIL's little Kubota, so I'll take another look underneath for access to the tank bottom, when I'm over there (always fixing something there it seems). My JD thankfully has not had this issue, but his is parked out in the rain often (I replaced the exposed fuel cap, too). Mine is inside.

/ Brown Snot in diesel fuel? #33  
Don't really matter where parked, more like frequency of use and how 'stale' the fuel is. A partially full tank will always sweat and produce internal condensation so it's prudent to keep any fuel tank full when sitting.