Brown Tree Cutter

/ Brown Tree Cutter #11  
There is a learning curve to the brown tree cutter. It takes a little while to understand it,s capabilities. It can be used like the traditional bush hog or you can use it in places a bush hog could never go it can take up to three passes to reach the final cut. The first pass cuts bushes ect and will lay the tree down and chip the branches off. The second cut mulches everything finer and grinds the the trunk of the tree about 50%. The third cut is where you set the cutter down on top of the dirt and chip everything including the trunk to ground level. The disc the blades are mounted to is about 1" thick and takes about 10 minutes to stop turning. It must be used correctly or ican be deadly to you or bystanders. Probably need 90-100 min. Cab is a must. Vibration can be bad. Blades come balanced from factory and must be resharpened equally to minimize vibration.

/ Brown Tree Cutter #12  
As good as these are for the rough stuff, do they still give a comparable cut to a normal rotary cutter in the lighter stuff? As in, light brush and weeds?
Or is it more of a rough stuff only tool?

/ Brown Tree Cutter #13  
About 8 years ago, I went to an auction in Oklahoma and they had about six of them. I quit bidding each one at about $2000 and never even got close to owning one. In retrospect, one was probably a little much for my open station JD2555 but probably would have been great for the Ford 7710 FWA that I bought later.
David from jax

/ Brown Tree Cutter #14  
Comparing to rotary cutter. The tree cutter will cut the smaller stuff fine . It does not seem to chop it up in pieces like a RC. Each is a different machine. You probably don,t want to use the tree cutter for everyday use. It requires more attention to safety and is rough on the tractor. GB

/ Brown Tree Cutter #15  
Comparing to rotary cutter. The tree cutter will cut the smaller stuff fine . It does not seem to chop it up in pieces like a RC. Each is a different machine. You probably don,t want to use the tree cutter for everyday use. It requires more attention to safety and is rough on the tractor. GB
That was one reason I "quit bidding at $2000" because I figured I would need a bush hog after I got the initial clearing done. I couldn't see dragging that heavy thing around all the time when mowing the back forty...
David from jax