Brush(bush) hog connecting to the compact tractor.

/ Brush(bush) hog connecting to the compact tractor. #1  

jkk04

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 410 backhoe, MF 30 industrial tractor, IH TD-14 dozer, New Holland TZ24DA
Since I purchased this tractor last year and repaired the transmission crack,
it was my first time to hook up the brush hog for major weed mowing.

Hope, this video helps someone who needs correct connecting and adjustments for the brush hog.

If you have any better method, please share your thoughts.

Thank
Jkk

/ Brush(bush) hog connecting to the compact tractor. #2  
Should have connected the left side first, but being on the ground guess it doesn't matter. Need to find a level spot to adjust level with the right lift arm. I see now, that is what he did.

I always disconnect mine on a 2x6 with 3 castors underneath each side so it can be rolled around to connect easily.

I'd never use water to clean up. Use air pressure.

/ Brush(bush) hog connecting to the compact tractor. #3  
Ralph - you never get greasy, grimy, green/brown snot collected on the underside of your mower. I have a specially modified 2x4 that I chisel the grime out with. It's a combination of green grass, grass juice and dirt. I mow the @#$% pocket gopher mounds also.

Then - off to the far side of the 80. Where all the large piles of pine chips are. Drive up on a pile - lower the mower - turn it on and let the chips clean out the remainder. This is how I keep my riding mower relatively clean. Works like a champ.

/ Brush(bush) hog connecting to the compact tractor.
Quick hitch.... Makes life much easier....
I used to have that quick hitch.
It could be for one implement only, not for all of the implements that I have unless modified all 3 point tractor implements.
It could be so complicated that I couldn't do that.
It was given to my friend unfortunately
Jkk

l.jpg

jj.jpg

/ Brush(bush) hog connecting to the compact tractor. #7  
It could be for one implement only, not for all of the implements that I have unless modified all 3 point tractor implements.
Jkk

View attachment 739206
View attachment 739205
The point of a quick hitch is all implements fit a "standard" hookup.... If implement does not fit correctly its the fault of manufacturer not building implement to standard....

For each implement that does not fit correctly you modify it once and be done, hook up is always the same.... With several different implements of different dimensions you will struggle ever time you change implements...

_ASAEquickHitchDimensions.jpg

/ Brush(bush) hog connecting to the compact tractor. #8  
You’ll never have to worry about any wet stacking or a clogged DPF.

/ Brush(bush) hog connecting to the compact tractor. #9  
Jkk

View attachment 739206
View attachment 739205

Same experience here.....bought the same quick hitch many years ago when my tractor was my primary equipment and I had to change implements alot - could not get it to work with any of them; it actually made it more complicated if I recall. Ended up never using it. It sits in my junk pile today still......

/ Brush(bush) hog connecting to the compact tractor. #10  
Ralph - you never get greasy, grimy, green/brown snot collected on the underside of your mower. I have a specially modified 2x4 that I chisel the grime out with. It's a combination of green grass, grass juice and dirt. I mow the @#$% pocket gopher mounds also.

Then - off to the far side of the 80. Where all the large piles of pine chips are. Drive up on a pile - lower the mower - turn it on and let the chips clean out the remainder. This is how I keep my riding mower relatively clean. Works like a champ.
I've done that to chip mounds.