Brush Cat Brake Question

/ Brush Cat Brake Question
This is correct. The braking is in the valve, uses a cross port releif that allows the motor to coast until the pressure on the retrun side drops low enough to safely stop the blade without damage to the motor or gear box. Some brands may use a motor with internal by-pass circiut that allows coast down, but Bobcat does not. One benifit of the Bobcat motor is ability to use both sides of a double edged blade, if blades get too worn running in one direction, swap the hoses at the motor and motor will rotate opposite direction and cut with the other side of the blade. If running on an excavator as fishfactor described, it was with direct to tank return, in this case it will coast but the motor is spinning without oil flow through it and can eventually cause cavitation wear to the motor.

So should we bypass the valve box when running on the ex? Will this prevent the cavitation?

/ Brush Cat Brake Question #12  
So should we bypass the valve box when running on the ex? Will this prevent the cavitation?

The valve block works to prevent cavitation. It circulates the oil from the normal return side of the motor to inlet side keeping a flow of oil through the motor until it gets down to a pressure acceptable to stop the gear box without damage. The clunk noise that is heard is only the blades coming up against the stump jumper when it stops spinning. If your excavator has forward and reverse function, then I am guessing it has circuit port relief at the valve spool, these still stop the flow of oil going into motor inlet so cavitation can occur while it is dumping oil to tank in the valve unless the port relief(s) are on both ports of the valve circuit and ALSO include anti-cavitation valves in them.

Got the brush cat mounted up and running this week on the ex. Don't make fun of the JD yellow on the adapter. That's all they had. It'll get dirty and match soon enough.
2mq86is.jpg

/ Brush Cat Brake Question #14  
That looks good dude!! That 6' cutter makes the 42" cutter that I had look very small. Let me know how the shear works on there.

That looks good dude!! That 6' cutter makes the 42" cutter that I had look very small. Let me know how the shear works on there.

Will do. We've got a logging job coming in a few weeks and will try it out. Got to go by CAT first and get programmed for it. The setting for the mulcher has very little reverse flow to clear a jamb and the mower has reverse blocked. The shear needs full reverse flow in case you get stuck half way through a tree.

/ Brush Cat Brake Question #16  
Could you show a few more up close pictures of your adapter? Would like to put one on a 320

Could you show a few more up close pictures of your adapter? Would like to put one on a 320

Give me some time. We're out of town on a 2 week job right now without it. May get to go home this weekend if the rain comes as forecasted.

/ Brush Cat Brake Question #18  
Give me some time. We're out of town on a 2 week job right now without it. May get to go home this weekend if the rain comes as forecasted.

Ok, we currently mow ditches with a Bobcat T190 and a T870. so it would work good to just track along side the ditch and not up and down all the time.