Brush cutter opinion/help

/ Brush cutter opinion/help #11  
I have a Lane Shark, can confirm that the WR Long 3rd function hyd kit comes with a separate return line to prevent overheating the fluid. It takes a while to spin down after deactivating. There are a few videos explaining the plumbing and reasons for the design on the Lane Shark website.

My grapple is currently attached, but the green capped line is the Lane Shark return line:

20240223_212954.jpg

My primary use has been turning it 90° and running down our trails to getting up high & trim back branches; It also does a great job of cutting back thick brush / vines working from the top down when set flat out in front.

It's definitely not the end-all-be-all tool for every job, but fits my specific needs perfectly.

/ Brush cutter opinion/help
My primary use has been turning it 90° and running down our trails to getting up high & trim back branches; It also does a great job of cutting back thick brush / vines working from the top down when set flat out in front.

It's definitely not the end-all-be-all tool for every job, but fits my specific needs perfectly.
Thanks Yes, that’s a big part of it, always need more than one thing to do the job. Yours works pretty well on your DK? How far does the deck sit out from the front tire at 90? maybe the answer for my desire is a lane shark type in front and a 6-7‘ flail in back

/ Brush cutter opinion/help #13  
Thanks Yes, that’s a big part of it, always need more than one thing to do the job. Yours works pretty well on your DK? How far does the deck sit out from the front tire at 90? maybe the answer for my desire is a lane shark type in front and a 6-7‘ flail in back
It has worked fine on my tractor; When flipped 90°, it sits out a few inches outside of the front tire. If you do a youtube video search, there are several videos out there showing it in different configurations on different tractors.

I don't have it attached at the moment to give you exact measurements, but I'll add some older pics when I had it in different configurations, if that helps.

20230329_024411.jpg

20230329_120257.jpg

20230329_161405.jpg

20230402_123918.jpg