Brush hog price check....

/ Brush hog price check....
Yeah, I am still struggling also over the 40 vs 48" brush hog for my BX2200.... From what everyone has said, it sounds like go with the 4' if you are cutting light stuff and the 40" if you are going to cut heavy stuff. Well I will be cutting mainly deep grass but occasionally, (based on past history) will take a step on the wild side and tackle tag alders and some heavy brush along the creek bed. As previously posted, Fleet farm here in Green Bay sells the 48" King Kutter for $495. They don't stock the 40" but can special order it and will sell it to me for $565. 3-4 month lead time. The higher price for the smaller unit seems odd except they probably don't get as much of a discount on special orders. Wish I could find someone who had personal experience with both sizes on their little BX......(hmm).

/ Brush hog price check.... #12  
KK is promoting a specific equipment line for subcompact tractors. The XB series. A BX is on the cover of the sales brochure. I scanned and attached some of the info I've have.

DFB

Attachments

• 5-114399-xb-line.jpg
    5-114399-xb-line.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 177
   / Brush hog price check.... #13  
Here's the info on the mowers.

DFB

Attachments

• 5-114400-mowers.jpg
    5-114400-mowers.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 164
   / Brush hog price check.... #14  
Dan, Same thing here, all the smaller implements are a little higher. I am sure I will also push the 4' rotary cutter to its limits to find out what they are. Of course if I had a 40" cutter I would probably push it to its limits as well.
Rich...

/ Brush hog price check.... #15  
DFB,
That is interesting, the first I have heard of the XB line, (clever marketing). I looked at the King Kutter literature at my local dealer just last week and did not see a brouchure like that. Do you know anything about the pricing on that line?
Rich...

/ Brush hog price check.... #16  
Not on the mowers. There was the BB-48XB box scraper at a local dealership about $440.00 I was told the shipping charges were included in the price. You can call KK (205) 487-3202 or email them from their web site for more info or the brochure.

Our local farm store never had 4 ft equipment in stock at the advertised price. Always a special order too.

They're promoting a 48" cutter for the BX but with double tailwheels to help transfer the load.

I have JD's 4ft cutter for my 4100. Its 455 lbs. Long tail wheel too. Loader makes a fine counterweight.
When I use the cutter without the FEL attached (which I rather do, definitely a more stable feel on the slopes) the steering can get a little light so I add weights on the front bumper.

DFB

/ Brush hog price check.... #17  
the steering can get a little light so I add weights on the front bumper.

Just out of curiousity, how much weight are you using...did you get your weights from Deere and what was the price?

/ Brush hog price check.... #18  
I have the same question about front weights for a JD 4300

I am about to get a rotaty cutter, but I am unsure about the front weight issue. I have a FEL, but I am trying to mow in some tight areas, and I don't think that I will have the manuverability that I need

Am I cursed to pay top dollar for Deere weights, or can I get them elsewhere for less?

/ Brush hog price check.... #19  
Yep, JD front suitcase weights. Approx. 42 lbs apiece. 5 weighs it down real good but three can get ya by. They'll work in other situations too. I hang them on my back blade for added weight too. Check around with some dealer's on the price. When I bought mine they were $28.00 each. They work out good for me. Easy to transport along with the tractor and implements.

Wifes stepdad uses a heavy duty steel box bolted to his bumper of his lil' FORD 1210. Fills it with a couple of solid concrete blocks for counterweight when he uses his "MINI BLAST" sprayer. He doesn't have a FEL so the box stays on the tractor all the time. Makes a handy toolbox when its empty too./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'll post some pics.

DFB

Attachments

• 5-114448-jungle5.jpg
    5-114448-jungle5.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 136
   / Brush hog price check.... #20  
Here's a pic of the 1210 with weight box.

DFB

Attachments

• 5-114450-1210.jpg
    5-114450-1210.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 152