3-Point Hitch Brush hog

/ Brush hog #11  
A little education for a newbie please - I received a 2538HST when I bought my property a little over a year ago.

P.S. closest Mahindra dealer is 1.5 hrs away, but I have pretty much all other dealers within 30 mins.

/ Brush hog #12  
If your 2538 is older than 2016 model year, you might need a software update for your computer (called ECM). If the engine sounds a little rough, that is one of the symptoms. After they "flashed" my ECM with the new software update, (a service tech came to my house to do it) I felt like I gained 5 hp and it has run like a top ever since. No need to visit the dealer. I've had virtually no issues with mine for 7 years now.

Just be sure to do the normal maintenance...religiously!
  • Grease your FEL every 10 hours of use
  • Change oil and filter every 100 hours of use
  • Change hydraulic fluids and filter every 500 hours
  • Change both fuel filters every 500 hours
  • Change both air filters every 500 hours or less depending on your conditions
These are things you can easily do yourself. Even if you think you aren't "mechanically inclined". Plenty of YT videos online to educate yourself.

/ Brush hog #13  
6' was the best option considering available PTO hp and time required to mow. I had a Mahindra 3525 . Tried using a 5' cutter I already had. Too slow......... ended up buying a 6' cutter.