Brushcutter advice

/ Brushcutter advice #11  
Ok, I'm considering these.

Stihl 460 C-EM for $1,149.95 plus tax.

Husqvarna 345FR for $779.95 plus tax

Echo SRM-410U $579.99 plus tax.

I have a Husky 252Rx. A little bigger than the 460 or the 345 above (2.4kW vs 2.2kW and 2.1kW respectively). There isnt much it wont cut. That said, for the price, the 345FR would likely do all you want. Also dont just consider it a brush cutter, with a Tri-blade or string trimmer head you can cut very heavy grass. I regularly use mine in "grass mode" to keep the places that get overgrown under control.

/ Brushcutter advice #12  
The Stihl also uses a metal shield when equipped with a saw blade... :cool:

/ Brushcutter advice #13  
Ok, I'm considering these.

Stihl 460 C-EM for $1,149.95 plus tax.

Husqvarna 345FR for $779.95 plus tax

Echo SRM-410U $579.99 plus tax.

Do you really need a dedicated brush cutter? Like I said you can easily and cheaply add a guard and blade to a FS90 with bike grips. Works great. Those dedicated machines are for pros that are running them 8 hours a day, everyday.

/ Brushcutter advice
I know, with the Husqvarna, you get a string head and a grass blade with it.

/ Brushcutter advice #15  
I know, with the Husqvarna, you get a string head and a grass blade with it.

They really are a grass terminator!! If you have any areas like mine that only get cut once a year, you'll love the power of it. Its not for trimming against the house after the weekly mow , but in the proper places nothing beats it There's no replacement for displacement.:thumbsup:

/ Brushcutter advice #16  
I have a echo srm 210 I got for free, so I put the sawblade on it and was very suprised how well it cut throw trees, sawgrass, And anything else!!

Attachments

• image-461772911.jpg
    image-461772911.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 669
  • image-4130539708.jpg
    image-4130539708.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 389
   / Brushcutter advice
We have 2 farms. I'm sure there are a few places like that. I could probably get by with something smaller. I just like knowing the power is there when I need it.

/ Brushcutter advice #18  
No matter which one you choose, get a Beaver Blade for it. You won't regret it, I assure you.

/ Brushcutter advice #19  
I would get a Stihl. I think their heads are much better than the rest. I've never had clogged debree with the Stihl head design. A FS250 is a beast for under $600. I can cut up to 2in sapplings w no problem with mine. The tri blade cuts sapplings and heavy brush great. I love the handle bars and shoulder harness. Very comfortable to operate and can make wide swipes.

IMG00348.jpg

IMG00174.jpg

IMG00175.jpg

/ Brushcutter advice #20  
I've had a Stihl FS360 (52cc and basically an older version of the FS550 clearing saw) for over 20 years and it's still going strong. It's heavy but very efficient at cutting anything from grass to large saplings. With the full harness and bike handles, I find it easier to use than a much lighter loop-handle trimmer. If you do a good bit of trimming/brushcutting and can handle and afford a clearing saw, I think you can't do better than getting a big one.