Bucket Breakout Force

/ Bucket Breakout Force #11  
With an open center system, which is what most Kubota farm tractors have, you cannot develop max pressure in both the bucket and lift arm cylinders at the same time.

Dave M7040
I'm actually not clear on that. For any plumbing downstream of the loader valve (3rd function, rear remotes, 3pt, etc) that is 100% true. But internally the loader valve is plumbed in series & parallel. That gives you the option to lift & curl at the same time. I ASSUME that also means you can get full pressure to both circuits, especially when they stall out.

As for the other comment from somebody else about not worrying as about lift capacity. That depends. My L3200 could lift the rear end with decent ballast & was still squirly with heavy ballast. My L4060 is rock solid at max capacity with minimal ballast & probably no ballast if I ever tried. The lighter the machine the more likely you are to be able to get into problems. Make sure you know if you can get into problems before adopting that stance. As the front axle is on a pivot, as soon as the rear comes off the ground your machine will roll sideways. It's not just picking the back end up, you are very likely to roll the machine if you do.

/ Bucket Breakout Force #12  
But internally the loader valve is plumbed in series & parallel. That gives you the option to lift & curl at the same time. I ASSUME that also means you can get full pressure to both circuits, especially when they stall out.
It depends on the PB bypass circuit of each individual valve block, and there are many circuit variations, and whether the spool allows PB flow-on when feathered.

Attachments

• B2650.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
   / Bucket Breakout Force
Excellent info, although much of it is over my simple mind. I do, however, do understand now the 'bucket breakout force' definition.

The FEL lifting specs, in summary are obviously totally dependent on multiple variables, such as height, distance from the pins, etc.. That explains to me why I can't pick up very large felled trees. I'm not wanting to max out the B2650 capability for sure, nor to venture into unsafe conditions. More experience with this tractor is clearly obvious.

I just now got all of the manuals, i.e. Shop, Parts, and Users. Lots of browsing the pages is in order.

Many thanks to the contributors. Your knowledge and experience is impressive, and appreciated.