Loader Bucket Down Pressure Problem?pressure

/ Bucket Down Pressure Problem?pressure #1  

torrin

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSDC
Good Morning;

I have a LS XR3037LC with 160 hours on it. (new to me) My problem is that I can not get the bucket to stay in position when pressure is applied. When Making a skim or shallow cut into the ground, the bucket goes all the way down; digging much deeper then my intent was. Also, when I want to use it in the level position while going backwards or scraping while going backwards the bucket flops to the full top position.

The lift and lower positions are fine and hold, as long as I don't go to float position. I also make sure that I do not have the bucket in the float position, but it stil just moves under pressure.

the hydraulic fluid levels are right, and there are no leaks the I have found.

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciateed.

/ Bucket Down Pressure Problem?pressure #2  
two things, try letting loader all the way down and hold till engine labors just a little and do the same with the dump cycle. then try using it. the second is when you start loading the bucket it will tend to dig more because of weight and tire squat ease up on controls, you can't just leave it alone it won't stay on the same grade

/ Bucket Down Pressure Problem?pressure #3  
Im sure it's not this simple but... If the bottom of the bucket is not level and is tipped down it will 'dive' deeper into the ground. You cannot just stick the bucket into the ground and drive forward like a bulldozer.

/ Bucket Down Pressure Problem?pressure #4  
Im sure it's not this simple but... If the bottom of the bucket is not level and is tipped down it will 'dive' deeper into the ground. You cannot just stick the bucket into the ground and drive forward like a bulldozer.
From my limited bulldozers experience you still can't just shove the blade into dirt and expect it to be smooth. It is a heck of a lot better than a FEL though.

/ Bucket Down Pressure Problem?pressure
My problem is that the bucket won/t stay in position in any position, short of full up, when not in float and in contact with the ground. I ran it through the complete range of motion on a cement floor, and while it would go from full up down to past level; but, whe I would back up the bucket ould not stay in position. I tried to move a pile of loosen (but wet) sand from the edge of a hole back into the hole (angled from 90 degrees to about 45) and the bucket wouid flop. I use my Kubota 2230 (at another location for now) to do the same thing, and th bucket can be used like a scraper or a leveler. My question, I guess is, is this just a problem with my loader or all tractors?

/ Bucket Down Pressure Problem?pressure #6  
It sounds like when you put the bucket in dump, the inflow into the bucket cylinders isn't fast enough to keep out with the extending rams, basically cavitating the cylinders, and then when you try to back drag there is no pressure in the upper part of the cylinder to prevent movement.

My loader will do that really bad if I am working with heavy loads, and dump at lower engine rpms.

/ Bucket Down Pressure Problem?pressure #7  
Check your loader hose line quick disconnects... The ones you'd disconnect if you were removing the loader.

Sometimes that connection can unseat itself. That is most likely your issue. Turn off the machine, release the pressure in the lines, unhook and Rehook the 4 quick connects, restart and test.

/ Bucket Down Pressure Problem?pressure
Randy;

You are the second person to tell me that. I guess that I will have to see about that today when i go to the other place. I don't understand how that would happen if the hydraulic system is full, but you may be on to something.