Bucket for JD148 FEL

/ Bucket for JD148 FEL #1  

Grayson Klassen

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 4020
I am building a 84 inch smoot bucket for my 148 FEL on a JD4020.

I am using 1/4 mild plate. It will be a flat bottom bucket with a 90 degree break making a 32 inch bottom and a 45 degree break so the top of the bucket is at 24 inches. The sides will be welded both sides and there will be two gussets lined up with the center of the loader arms from the 45 down the back and right along the bottom to the front of the bucket. I will use a one piece 4 x 1/2 piece of AR Plate for the wear strip and weld 4 evenly spaces skids on the bottom same as the wear strip.

Anyone have concerns or thoughts?

/ Bucket for JD148 FEL #2  
I have a 4020 with a 148 loader. If were to rebuild my bucket, I would change to a JD or probably a SKid Steer Quick Attach and get rid of the pins. Post pics if you can.

/ Bucket for JD148 FEL
Actually if you look up my otherposts you will see a different post with pictures

And I am still considering converting to a quick connect system, but then I would have to convert all the other attachments too

/ Bucket for JD148 FEL
Hey I wound up with a bolt on wear bar for the bucket for free. Anyone think its an issue to have the wear bar stick out 3/4 of an inch each side?

/ Bucket for JD148 FEL #5  
I know it's sacrilege but does anyone know if the JD quick atach arms will fit on my MF 1533?? I really like their design better.:)

/ Bucket for JD148 FEL #6  
I know it's sacrilege but does anyone know if the JD quick atach arms will fit on my MF 1533?? I really like their design better.:)

I think the probably should. width of cylinders and loader arms might be a bit different, but thats nothing that a grinder cant fix!