Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320

/ Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320
I have done a little more work this morning.
Added a 3rd grapple tine and put in some gussets.
Now I need to round the front off a little and run one more pipe support across to tie in some upper gussets.

View attachment 290946View attachment 290947View attachment 290948View attachment 290949View attachment 290950View attachment 290951View attachment 290952

Ready to prep for primer tomorrow.

new tractor 552.JPGnew tractor 553.JPGnew tractor 554.JPGnew tractor 555.JPGnew tractor 556.JPG

/ Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320 #12  
I'm worried you are gonna scratch the heck out of that chrome rod or bend it. Grapples need cylinder protection

Last edited:
I'm worried you are gonna scratch the heck out of that chrome rod or bend it. Grapples need cylinder protection

No doubt you are right.
I want to assemble it and fabricate a guard that bolts onto the inner top gussets from the bottom side.
I wanted to have it on the tractor with the hydraulics working and take measurements cycled in and out and measure for clearance in both positions.
The guard will most likely need to have a slope or taper because the pick point is lower in the front.
The cylinder rod is above the bottom edge of the top arms though. from a side view you cannot see the cylinder in the grapple between the 4.5" tall arms.
I need to clock the cylinder ends so the hoses are on the top of the cylinder too. Then i can fabricate a guard the can be bolted on to cover them as well.

This is a rough sketch of what I was thinking for the lower bolt on guard.
cylinder guard.png

/ Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320 #16  
That would definitely help. I used a solid 3/8 plate on mine. Good luck!

ForumRunner_20121202_134059.png

That would definitely help. I used a solid 3/8 plate on mine. Good luck!

View attachment 291180

Yes that looks very nice!
3/8" you shouldn't have an issue bending your guard.
I you get a chance, could you send me a photo sometime showing me your front hose disconnect mount.
Looks interesting.
I like hoew it is mountd further back on the loader arms by the bracket hole for the bucket leveler
Tom

Homemade greasable pivot pins.
new tractor 567.JPGnew tractor 568.JPGnew tractor 569.JPG

/ Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320 #19  
Yes that looks very nice!
3/8" you shouldn't have an issue bending your guard.
I you get a chance, could you send me a photo sometime showing me your front hose disconnect mount.
Looks interesting.
I like hoew it is mountd further back on the loader arms by the bracket hole for the bucket leveler
Tom

I used 3/8 for the whole thing. I could have got away with 1/4 and it would be much lighter. I'm not going to break it though! The quick connects are mounted to an angle bracket where the loader arms bend. I haven't made a final bracket yet. I didn't want to mount them on the crossbar because I get dirt piled up on it when I backdrag. I put a lot of engineering effort into the grapple so it will open wide and be tough. I have a thread on it in the hydraulics forum.

Well I made a guard and I will give this a try and see how things look with the grapple full of brush.
I can always unbolt it and modify or make a larger guard.
I have a list of fittings that I need to purchase. I still need to find out what size SAE ORB fitting is on the bottom of the John Deere joystick svc to send fluid power to the remotes.
At an eye glance it appears to be #6 SAE.

new tractor 573.JPGnew tractor 576.JPGnew tractor 581.JPG