Bucket hooks and reciever

/ Bucket hooks and reciever #1  

timster2

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230 & B2320
Finally got a chance to weld on my bucket hooks, shackle mounts and add a receiver. Been a long time since I did some real fabrication and welding. Didn't realize how much I miss it until I started this project. Welded the receiver tube directly to the bucket supports/cylinder mount seemed like a good solid mount. Welding it at this angle provides clearance from the bucket edge when using the ball mount. Don't know if it is good or bad but it did make for an easy strong mount. Now I have to dig out my spray guns and give it a good coat of paint. Here are some pictures.
DSC00014.JPGDSC00016.JPGDSC00028.JPGDSC00013.JPGDSC00020.JPG

/ Bucket hooks and reciever #5  
All buckets should have chain hooks (IMHO). I want to get some chain hooks and shackle mounts put on my Dad's tractor as well.

/ Bucket hooks and reciever
Gave it a quick coat of paint before heading out to a BBQ. Going to let it dry overnight then put it to work tomorrow.
DSC00029.JPGDSC00032.JPGDSC00033.JPG

/ Bucket hooks and reciever #7  
well done looks ready for some work!

/ Bucket hooks and reciever #8  
Nice job, you shouldn't have covered those welds with paint, you shouldn't hide that quality of work.
You may find that using that deep drop hitch obscures your vision when hitching up a trailer. If you put a ball adaptor that is bent up at a 90 ( the top of ball pointing at you with bucket level) you keep visibility when hitching . I had it like that on my old tractor.

Nice job, you shouldn't have covered those welds with paint, you shouldn't hide that quality of work.
You may find that using that deep drop hitch obscures your vision when hitching up a trailer. If you put a ball adaptor that is bent up at a 90 ( the top of ball pointing at you with bucket level) you keep visibility when hitching . I had it like that on my old tractor.

Im not sure the angle will work or not, however, I do have some square tubing to weld something up if its a problem. Had that ball adapter laying around and it looked like it might work ok, I will have to give it a try when it stops raining. The welds did come out kind of nice. By the way the welds were made with a roll of Harbor Freight .035 wire and a Lincoln 180C. The inexpensive wire worked well.

Now that things have settled down a bit got back to what I was doing before the pit bull attack. Had a big hook and some quarter inch wall tubing so I made an attachment for my receiver. Works great for moving three point mount equipment. Don't have to get off the tractor.
DSC00036.JPGDSC00037.JPG