Bucket Level Rod

/ Bucket Level Rod
When the bucket is flat on the ground is the end of the rod flush with the tube? If it's inside the tube maybe the dealer cut your rod too short. Pics would help.
A98C856F-3581-46A3-8D4B-DE1B5707DD73.jpeg

D02A264A-CC6B-4352-850D-F26D737DB3D1.jpeg811E4FF4-29CE-4E55-BB21-479628052E01.jpeg412F6E54-3FDA-40A4-A459-DA4B7509E626.jpeg
The rod is flush with the top when the bucket is level. The bucket isn’t quite level in these pics. But when I roll the bucket all the way forward, the rod slides completely out of the guide.

/ Bucket Level Rod #12  
One of two things happened. The rod guide is on upside down. Leaving The outer tube too high. Or someone cut the indicator Rod too short. I suspect the first option. See if it can be flipped over.

/ Bucket Level Rod #14  
I think it's the wrong one for your loader. My Kubota is different so maybe I'm wrong but it looks like when the rod is flush with the top of the guide tube the bucket is level. Is that the case? Flipping over the guide tube may keep it from coming out but the rod would then not be flush when the bucket was level. It looks like the guide tube is just too short. I would contact your dealer and explain to them. Chances are they will make it right.

/ Bucket Level Rod #15  
If the end of the rod and the top end of the tube match when the bucket is level then the tube isn't mounted wrong. Hafta think about that for a moment......

By his last pic it's obvious the tube is too short. Maybe wrong tube for that particular loader?

One other member posted above that his fell out too and he destroyed it? Maybe this is a common problem for this particular unit.

I'd build a new tube at the appropriate length. Or if it's a new machine talk to the dealer about the problem?

/ Bucket Level Rod
One of two things happened. The rod guide is on upside down. Leaving The outer tube too high. Or someone cut the indicator Rod too short. I suspect the first option. See if it can be flipped over.
Yep you’re right. I called the service department and he said the guide rod is upside down. As soon as it stops raining I’m going to flip it around. Thanks!

/ Bucket Level Rod
If the end of the rod and the top end of the tube match when the bucket is level then the tube isn't mounted wrong. Hafta think about that for a moment......

By his last pic it's obvious the tube is too short. Maybe wrong tube for that particular loader?

One other member posted above that his fell out too and he destroyed it? Maybe this is a common problem for this particular unit.

I'd build a new tube at the appropriate length. Or if it's a new machine talk to the dealer about the problem?
The service dept said it was in fact upside down. He said it will probably stick out now when the bucket is level. So I will likely paint or tape a mark at level.

/ Bucket Level Rod #18  
The service dept said it was in fact upside down. He said it will probably stick out now when the bucket is level. So I will likely paint or tape a mark at level.

Years ago I got in the habit of welding or bolting a a piece of 1/8" thick flat metal to the top of the bucket - up on the top edge where the chain hooks are also mounted. It meeds to be in a position easy to see, and then shimmed until parallel to the bottom of the bucket.
That works better for me than the rod leveler, and as a bonus it doesn't rattle

Clamping a pair of vice grips somewhere visible on upper edge of the bucket would be a good test to see if it works for you.
rScotty

/ Bucket Level Rod #19  
That sounds like a good outcome to me. My rod is long, which I like because I can see where the bucket is in both directions from level. I had paint for a while but it would wear where the back of the rod dragged on the tube then a little rust would get smeared in and it was hard to read. I tried spiral wrapping some aluminum tape and then covered the lower part with tuff heat shrink. Makes an easy to see marker and the heat shrink holds the tape away from the tube so it doesn't wear. I have had this on for two years now and it still looks new - lots of loader work too.

P1000929.JPG

gg

/ Bucket Level Rod
Years ago I got in the habit of welding or bolting a a piece of 1/8" thick flat metal to the top of the bucket - up on the top edge where the chain hooks are also mounted. It meeds to be in a position easy to see, and then shimmed until parallel to the bottom of the bucket.
That works better for me than the rod leveler, and as a bonus it doesn't rattle

Clamping a pair of vice grips somewhere visible on upper edge of the bucket would be a good test to see if it works for you.
rScotty
Good idea