Bucket mod - hitch receivers vs hooks

/ Bucket mod - hitch receivers vs hooks #11  
Ruby Goldberg Bucket modification!

Great job! Now, where are all the cool implements you have designed and built to fit into the receiver hitchs? You've got a potential Kioti leatherman there waiting to be born. With a welder and chop saw I'd imagine the possibilities are near limitless. Of course you'd need also to build a portable storage unit for those implements so they are always handy. How about a "bumper dumper" for the middle mount, a toilet paper holder for the right side and a magazine rack for the left?:)

Seriously though, that set up has great potential beyond just forks, tree boom etc.

Attachments

• Ublogo.jpg
    Ublogo.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 129
   / Bucket mod - hitch receivers vs hooks #12  
I purchased a bumper hitch reciever from Harbor Freight for $19.99, and bolted it to the center of my bucket with 4 5/8" X 2" bolts.
Then I purchased a 6" drop hitch to go into the reciever and topped it off with a 2" ball. I move my trailers around with it all the time, but it is a challange backing up and steering the trailer to the correct position that you want. Kinda like getting used to driving a forklift with the steering on the rear. LOL
I also have welded grab hooks (1 on each side) to my bucket.
What I see here all looks good.
C-YA RL

Attachments

• KiotiBucketMod.jpg
    KiotiBucketMod.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
   / Bucket mod - hitch receivers vs hooks #13  
Great job! Now, where are all the cool implements you have designed and built to fit into the receiver hitchs?
Island - Thanks for the compliment. :) I have a few patent pending ideas oscillating between the synapses in the left hemisphere of my well worn noodle. And I need to get them out as this is creating a rather peculiar imbalance as my right hemisphere is pretty much empty and it is causing me to walk with a list to port. The problem with getting them out is that my work space is unheated and I have attained an age where the body is highly disagreeable with the whims of the mind and protests rather vigorously against such abuses. So it seems I must await the return of the robins in order to empty the left side and return the equilibrium that I have come to enjoy these days. As soon as it happens I will share it, until then (yawn!) it's back to the recliner and another long winters nap!
(yawn!) -Steverino

/ Bucket mod - hitch receivers vs hooks
Stevirino, I hope you can get that list settled off before it's too late!!!

InspectorGadget, that is the exact same bumper hitch thingee I have purchased. Cost me $10 more in Canada to buy it than you paid but I think it's perfect. I have a pal who owns a machine shop coming over today and we're going to design a bucket reinforcement of some sort. I'll post pics once it's done. I still worry that I'll bend the bucket without something such as Steverino has done as I intend to lift rocks and logs and hay bales via the hitch mount.

Thanks everyone for the ideas and comments.

/ Bucket mod - hitch receivers vs hooks #15  
I went with the welded hook on center top of bucket and I purchased for $59 or so a clamp on hitch receiver. It works fine for the couple a few times per year I need to move my trailers around with something other than my truck.

I used my welded on chain hook all the time, many many many times, and the angle at which the chain hangs from the hook works great at pulling what ever it is I'm carrying tight to the loader.

Either way, super handy stuff to have on the loader.

Joel

/ Bucket mod - hitch receivers vs hooks #16  
I purchased a bumper hitch reciever from Harbor Freight for $19.99, and bolted it to the center of my bucket with 4 5/8" X 2" bolts.
C-YA RL
Here are a few more close up shots I took this last weekend.
C-YA RL

Attachments

• IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    962.4 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    764.3 KB · Views: 292