Bucket to QA conversion

/ Bucket to QA conversion #1  

Milton Burro

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 3400
I had a friend cut and drill some pyramids to weld to the QA adapter plates and pin to the bucket. Seems to work fine. He also made me several QA plates for future attachments.

Attachments

• 100_2375.JPG
    100_2375.JPG
    748 KB · Views: 578
  • 100_2376.JPG
    100_2376.JPG
    736.5 KB · Views: 479
  • 100_2377.jpg
    100_2377.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
   / Bucket to QA conversion #2  
It would be nice to not have to cut the ears off on a bucket conversion like yours but I would think that you will lose a lot of break out force with that set up. I hope it works well for you though.
Rob

/ Bucket to QA conversion
I know I added a few inches length to the FEL and will lose some lifting capacity because of it. It was a trade I was willing to make because of the ease of adaptation.

/ Bucket to QA conversion #4  
I'm interesting in converting to QA too. I called my "local" Koyker dealer and they said it would be about $350 to change the pin-on guts to QA for the loader end and then it was some crazy expensive price for a weld-on plate. I think i'm going to buy one off of eBay for $100 (5/16" steel). Does anyone have an idea on how much it will cost for a welder to weld that plate on? I plan of cutting off the old pin-on crap off of the bucket with a wheel.

<I didn't mean to hijack your thread...>

I'm interesting in converting to QA too. I called my "local" Koyker dealer and they said it would be about $350 to change the pin-on guts to QA for the loader end and then it was some crazy expensive price for a weld-on plate. I think i'm going to buy one off of eBay for $100 (5/16" steel). Does anyone have an idea on how much it will cost for a welder to weld that plate on? I plan of cutting off the old pin-on crap off of the bucket with a wheel.

No hi jack. My QA pins onto the loader just like the bucket did. I ordered it loader specific for that. It shouldn't cost 350.00 to pin the QA adapter on your loader. Is that the cost of the QA attachment too?

/ Bucket to QA conversion #6  
Whats funny is......... when I bought my SSQA off of Craigslist, it came with a plate just like that, so the original bucket could be pinned to it without modification. I cut the brackets off of it and it left me with a nice additional SSQA plate for my next project, since I permanently modified the back of my factory bucket. Two ways to skin a cat, I reckon.

/ Bucket to QA conversion #7  

If you were closer, I'd be happy to weld the QA plate on your bucket for the cost of materials, plus a case of beer. :(

/ Bucket to QA conversion #8  
Milton, with my Koyker and probably even yours, we need need a kit that converts the pin-on style to the Quick Attach style. The adapter kit is pinned on to the loader side and has a quick attach on the other side. They want about $350 -- quite worth it as I can now use my neighbors attachments. My original plan was just to buy a bucket that was already setup for quick attach (like almost all Skidsteer loaders). I have been scouring eBay and craigslist and realized that even a used QA bucket will set you back 500-1200 easy. So its obvious that it would be waaaay cheaper for me to just cut the pin-on stuff on the old bucket and then have a pro weld the QA plate to the back of the bucket. About $100 for the plate and hopefully less than $120 for the welder (I plan on taking all of the materials to the welder).

I get it Tigers. I just didn't want to cut on my oem bucket. I guess I'm just **** about keeping it oem if I ever want to put it back w/o QA.

/ Bucket to QA conversion #10  
Well I don't think its out of the question purchase one of those $100 adapter plates and then engineer brackets that could link to the pin-on hardware on the bucket end.