Bucket truck losing pressure...

/ Bucket truck losing pressure... #11  
That's a strange lift arangement...... it looks as though it has parallel links for the basket and boom sections to lift together

possibly one cyl only for lift?? or more .. Yes/no??

/ Bucket truck losing pressure...
If I'm not mistaken wdchyd, I believe there's a cylinder for the boom at the pedestal and another at the boom extension. I think the bucket is controlled by the parallel links. You beat me to the posting, Dr. Dave, as I did find out today that it does hold position on it's way through to maximum travel. Apparently, once it reaches max travel and the relief squeals, that's when it starts floating back down. Even holding the lift controls in will not over ride the float down. Not a fast movement, but almost as fast as if it were controlled. No water in the fluid and it does appear clean. Amount may be an issue. Quite possible that air is in the line. Will discuss these possibilities with him tomorrow. By the way, the fellow I'm helping on this does not have internet access, just to explain the go-between....
Thanks for the help.

/ Bucket truck losing pressure...
Friend removed the two reliefs today and brought them by. YIKES! Apparently someone's been in there before! The one from the bucket valve body had a screw/nut replacement. I guess somehow it got lost. The rings were okay, but the one seal had some serious nicks and flaps on it. The pedestal relief needs new seals and rings too, but it was missing the little button between the adjuster screw base and the spring end. Hopefully we can replacement springs along with the seals and rings. The one spring was lopsided left/right. Looked like it was over-squished. Hopefully rebuild kits are available and will easily solve this guy's problem.