Buh Hum Bug

/ Buh Hum Bug #41  
When I was at events where there was a small child (long time in the past, long story), I would give the parent a US Savings Bond in the child's name. The child would never notice since they got so many useless toys. Only cost me half the face value and it would grow to be worth more than the cheap toys someday. By then, the kid would be old enough to appreciate it more.

/ Buh Hum Bug #42  
^^^^
Back then they were guaranteed to double in value within 10 years. Those days are gone.

/ Buh Hum Bug #43  
re Christmas music on the radio. I only listen to a 8 gig stick (I think it is 8 gigs) with music on it from my collection. I just finished the Vienna Choir boys album of Christmas music, now on to the comedy Christmas music. (Grandma got run over by a beer truck) and some others.

/ Buh Hum Bug #44  
I avoid all of that until about 12/23 or so. Then only a sampling until 12/26 when it all goes away.

/ Buh Hum Bug #45  
The only (sensible) advice I can offer is to try and ignore it. Christmas stuff started being stocked (down here) around the 2nd week of October but, fortunately, I've not seen any blatant commercials yet.

Mind you, we generally don't have to 'put up with' Halloween... That's not to say that 'they' don't try to promote it, but it is, basically, an Autumn festival and, down here, it's Spring! The same goes for Thanksgiving (Canadian or US, take your pick), it's a harvest 'thing' and it's Spring down here. Despite the stores wanting it to 'take off', it thankfully hasn't.

Christmas is, on top of the celebration of Christ's birth, our gathering time of the year... typically for a great luncheon with family & friends. It's Summer!

They have Halloween embedded up here now, 20 or so years ago, it was just a US thing, but the stores all want to be selling (pushing) more junk, usually aimed at kids, so, yep, it is all about $ and nothing much else now.

/ Buh Hum Bug #46  
OK, so the wife and I are post 70, empty nesters and live in a rural area. Motoring into and around some of the more urban areas I am appalled at the ever increasing tasteless Christmas deco oratory that people spend good money for and display on their front lawns. Tasteless worthless crap and especially a class act when the blow up plastic Santa’s loose their wind and end up as a comatose blob.
On the fourth Sunday of Advent we place candles in the windows and a simple wreath on the door. Gifts are limited to items of lasting usefulness and the focus of the day is food, friends, grand kids, and giving thanks.
B. John

/ Buh Hum Bug #49  
I went to WMart yesterday w/ the wife{big mistake} I had to refill some prescriptions.."ONLY" gonna take 20 minutes..st thing she says is, "I wanna check out the NEW Christmas "stuff".. OK, what could it hurt, right??
$325.00 later & u have your answer..
I went to get my prescr. while she checked out the "NEW STUFF"..
I was helping her unpack the car when I asked.. did u get ME anything??
She grabbed a package & handed it to me.. It was a 5.5ft blow-up GRINCH..!!! She said, "THAT" just about covers your attitude about Christmas.!!! We laughed for 30 minutes.. cuz its true..

/ Buh Hum Bug #50  
LOL I feel your pain.

Is this him?

17d977d4-19ef-4136-9a65-dd6619df754f_1.2d99cf144b47838b9eefd2ae2f4d5a32.jpeg