Snow Buhler Snow Blowers?

/ Buhler Snow Blowers?
Nevermind, this from Wikipedia:

"By comparison, two stage snow blowers have one or more low-speed metal augers that break up the snow and move it into a separate high-speed impeller (sometimes called the fan). The impeller 'blows' the snow out the discharge chute with considerable force. All but the lightest-duty snow throwers are typically two-stage machines.

Two stage snow blowers range in power from a few horsepower to very large machines powered by diesel engines of over 1000 horsepower (750 kW). The large machines are used for clearing roadways and airport runways. These are capable of removing large amounts of snow quickly. Some municipalities use larger snowblowers to clear snow from streets after a snowfall, often by blowing the snow into trucks which haul it away.

Two stage machines for home use are usually self-propelled, using either large wheels equipped with tire chains or, in some cases, tracks. These are usually single-purpose machines, though some are detachable front ends that can be replaced with other implements, such as a garden tiller.

The auger drive is usually equipped with a shear pin. If a major jam occurs, this pin will break rather than allowing the internal drive gears to be damaged. The pin must then be replaced by the user before operation can resume."

Sounds like most 3 pt blowers would be 2 stage varieties, with atleast 1 auger and a fan. Seems like the performance would be dependent on the fan diameter.

Mike

/ Buhler Snow Blowers? #12  
GordNovo said:
Hi MikeyB, I bought a Buhler/Farmking YC5010 snowblower with a hand crank instead of the hydrolic system. I can see how the hydrolic system could be a real advantage, cuz it's the one thing I'd like to change about my blower.

The bracket is a $90 option from a Buhler dealer. Real easy to put on. Hoses connectors and a tie rod cylinder should cost less that $120 A standard 8" tie rod cylinder will drop right on the bracket.

/ Buhler Snow Blowers? #13  
Tig said:
The bracket is a $90 option from a Buhler dealer. Real easy to put on. Hoses connectors and a tie rod cylinder should cost less that $120 A standard 8" tie rod cylinder will drop right on the bracket.

But I think I'd need a power beyond kit installed at the back of the machine, no? The 2520 is only equipped with the mid-point hydraulics.

Nice to know the hyd chute option's not too expensive though!

thx

GN

/ Buhler Snow Blowers? #14  
Yes, you will need to extend the hydraulic circuit and install rear remotes.

/ Buhler Snow Blowers? #15  
GordNovo said:
But I think I'd need a power beyond kit installed at the back of the machine, no? The 2520 is only equipped with the mid-point hydraulics.

Nice to know the hyd chute option's not too expensive though!

thx

GN

If you have the 3rd SCV you can run it off of that.

/ Buhler Snow Blowers? #17  
Mikey,

We got a nice storm here over the weekend. I'm pleased to report that the blower worked very nicely. It is quite handy having a plow on the front and blower on the back, I might add. Make one pass angle plowing the snow on the right edge into the center of the drive, making a nice deep, long pile. Back up down the middle, blowing the piled snow into oblivion. Make one last forward pass down the left side of the drive angle plowing the snow to the left. In the end, there is only one small snow bank on the left side of the drive.

Best of luck.

/ Buhler Snow Blowers?
Killer B,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, by the time I make a decision it will probably be summer around here!

Regards,
Mike