Building a barndominium

/ Building a barndominium #61  
That closed cell is nice stuff. How thick did you go on your walls and ceiling?

/ Building a barndominium
Started framing the upstairs false ceiling. I sandwiched a 2 x 6 between the metal roof purlin and an additional purlin at the peak and middle of the roof before insulation was sprayed. The 2 x 4 rafters are screwed into these 2 x 6's

20171209_173435-3984x2241.jpg

/ Building a barndominium
Framing is almost complete but progress is slowing down because of other projects and to let the bank account refill.

20171226_190227.jpg

/ Building a barndominium #65  
Framing is almost complete but progress is slowing down because of other projects and to let the bank account refill.

Yeah, that spray foam is pricey but well worth it in the long run! Looking good!

/ Building a barndominium #66  
Real craftsmanship there! We built our steel building, barndominium style house in 2011. Added a metal building detached garage in 2018.

The Braden Homestead in Texas.jpg

/ Building a barndominium #67  
Started framing the upstairs false ceiling. I sandwiched a 2 x 6 between the metal roof purlin and an additional purlin at the peak and middle of the roof before insulation was sprayed. The 2 x 4 rafters are screwed into these 2 x 6's

/ Building a barndominium #68  
IMG_0490.jpgIMG_0528.jpgIMG_0493.jpgIMG_0501.jpgIMG_0634.jpg

Welcome to the club. These barndos make a lot of sense and are a great way to build in the country. Love mine, 80x50, 14’ walls. It’s perfect.

/ Building a barndominium #69