building a fel

/ building a fel #1  

dennisthomas

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 755
i was thinking about building a fel for my John Deere 755. i wanted to make it a quick detach. has anyone attempted or have any type of plans for this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ building a fel #2  
Most of the plans I have seen don't have a quick detach design. I really like the JD loaders with the way they detach using the forward links to the bumper as a stand. It's a very clever design. If I were you, I would get some plans and then modify for a quick detach. You wouldn't have to make it as complicated with the release mechanism as the JD.

/ building a fel #3  
Dennis,

Wouldn't it be a lot easier/cheaper to just buy the loader? I believe the 755 takes the model 70 loader. It takes about 1-2 minutes to install or remove.

Brian

/ building a fel #4  
I built the CadPlans 907 for my FX24D. It would be relatively easy to modify for quick disconnect. It is already set up for quick detach from the tractor.

/ building a fel
i tried looking at the link but no luck.

/ building a fel #8  
Looking @ the Pictures, it looks as if it has a leg under it to hold it in postition, and a Pin back @ the attachment point and it all comes off... It is a good design and looks similar to the attachment on My Case loader.
When you raise and loader does the Bucket move forward?

I really like the way it Tips so far back, and puts the load over the pins, that must increase lift capacity a bit. A little orange paint and it'll look better than factory. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll attach a pic of my facotry made loader off the tractor, it seems to be one of the better QA designs, and it takes me only 2 minutes to detach, and slightly more, 3-4, to attach.

Ken

Attachments

• 711563-P8100123.JPG
    711563-P8100123.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 384
   / building a fel #9  
Yep, it has an articulating bucket...it will maintain the bucket position throughout the lifting cycle. I just looked at a lot of bigger tractors and basically copied their design. I will say that it took a lot of effort on my part to come up with all the pivot points and linkages, etc. I also copied the Kubota method of attaching the loader to the tractor.....and the control valve stays with the tractor, kinda like the Green ones.

/ building a fel
that is a nice looking loader thanks for the pics. you designed it yourself im taking it. i like the quick detach. did you just base it off another loader? it looks like you used rectangular tubing for the arms. did you cut it out to taper it? i would like to see a few more detailed pictures of the loader attach and links if possible