Building a flatbed for my F350

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #101  
That looks GREAT!! But then, we knew it would lol. Excellent job, well thought out, and nice workmanship!

/ Building a flatbed for my F350
Thanks Kebo!
Hello TSO, are you going to put sides on?
How are you going to secure your load, I don't see any tie rails ,are you using underbody hooks?
On my flatdeck I had the sides raised 8mm so I could fit a load strap under the sides to tie down a load that was lower than the top of the sides . It was rare to carry sand and when I did I didn't loose it under the sides. The only improvement I would make to this setup is to add a rear tie rail.

I'm using stake-pocket-D-Rings for my tie-down points on the deck. I will build stake sides at some point, but mainly i use the deck to bring along additional implements.

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #104  
Wow, That looks great. I need to make one for my truck. The bed on my 2000 GMC is rusting away.

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #105  
TSO---very nice looking job.

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #106  
Thanks Kebo!

I'm using stake-pocket-D-Rings for my tie-down points on the deck. I will build stake sides at some point, but mainly i use the deck to bring along additional implements.

Great job with the bed.:thumbsup:
I have found that being able to haul extra implements is very important in my work as well. I agree with this and think you are on the right track. Next year I will be building a new 11' body for my service truck with the fuel, tools and compressor all squeezed up front with a large deck on the rear similar to yours.

/ Building a flatbed for my F350
Been using the truck and it's been doing great. Used the Gooseneck for the first time today...

1492218886800.jpg
1492218942068.jpg
1492219005616.jpg
1492219056310.jpg

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #108  
Nice job! One thing to add, my son and I built a bed for his SD and used LED lights as well as replacing the third brake light with a LED as well. As a result the cruise would not work and it would shift in and out of overdrive when the lights were on. If you run into that the rear lights could be feeding voltage to the third brake lamp causing the ecu to think the brakes are being applied. If it happens you can either put an incandesent bulb back in the third brake light or wire a small resistor inline with the third brake light. Either will absorb the excess voltage. As I said in the beginning, excellent work

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #109  
The pickup and flatbed look great TSO!