Building a Hobby Farm- from woods to eggs

/ Building a Hobby Farm- from woods to eggs #581  
It probably was obvious, but I wanted to make sure. How big is she/will she get base on her parents? They are great dogs if you train them right. Some good friends of ours had a 120lb gsd that was a lapdog. He would knock you over with his tail. He would listen to the male of the family, but the son and wife he just kind of looked at. It wasn't as though he caused trouble, but he wasn't about to listen to someone who was below him on the food chain, at least as he saw it. That would give me a great sense of security as well.

/ Building a Hobby Farm- from woods to eggs
Toro,

The mother was about 90 pounds. All I know of the father is that he was a little larger. Our Lab Riley was 90 pounds, and we wouldn't want anything larger than that. They are big dogs without being so big that they can't ride in the car or fit in a normal kennel, etc. In fact, we wouldn't mind if she ended up around 75 pounds. That would be ideal to me.

So far, she's a lapdog. Loves the cuddles and kisses. We're really after the "image" more than the real deal. And I can already tell that company takes a pause when they get here. She's only a 30 pound puppy right now, but friends are paying her some attention. I don't want friends to feel that way, but if they do then you can be sure some unwelcomed person would as well. :)

We let the chickens out with her. She chased them in a playful way, and the rooster did his job without "overdoing" his job. He never actually attacked Dharma, but he did get between them and puff himself. So I'm thinking they will all get along pretty well.

Still waiting to see some germination from the crops planted a few weeks ago. Nothing yet....

/ Building a Hobby Farm- from woods to eggs #583  
Tony,
Anything new on the farm?

/ Building a Hobby Farm- from woods to eggs
Hey Toro! Wow! It's been over 2 years since I've been here. Just looking at a few posts, I already miss my time away.

I'm at work now, and no time to respond, but I'll post an update soon! Thanks for asking.

Tony

/ Building a Hobby Farm- from woods to eggs #585  
Good to see your back. I'm looking forward to some updates too!!!!

Eddie

/ Building a Hobby Farm- from woods to eggs #586  
I was wondering about you too, Tony. Thought maybe you had gotten sick of us:D

/ Building a Hobby Farm- from woods to eggs #587  
Looking forward to it Tony. I was reading another post that referred to your thread and thought, wow, it has been too long. I am sure your boys have gotten big.

/ Building a Hobby Farm- from woods to eggs #588  
Yeah, I was also wondering. I too, have been away a little, but check in as often as I can. Hey, Tony, I finally got a tiller! You might not remember, but I was asking about where you got yours up near Traveler's Rest. Well, I found a great deal on an almost new Bush Hog® 48" tiller for my JD 2210. Only used it one time so far - just been too busy! But, hope to use it soon for summer/fall garden.

Post some recent photos of what's been happening with the farm there.

/ Building a Hobby Farm- from woods to eggs #589  
Tony,
Have a good holiday weekend?

/ Building a Hobby Farm- from woods to eggs #590  
Whew! Glad I'm not the only one that's been away for a few years!