Building a smlll 100' pond in a rainy area

/ Building a smlll 100' pond in a rainy area #11  
If you are willing to play the game, you can win at it.

It's refreshing to hear stories of those who beat excessive regulation. But it's a risky game to play. A local forester in my area gave his wife a fun project to work on-- build a pond. She liked operating heavy equipment and it was a dream come true. Until the County came along and told her it was unpermitted and to fill it in. Then the State got involved, then the Feds.

/ Building a smlll 100' pond in a rainy area #12  
View attachment 579279 As they say in the Realestate business - location, location, etc. An aerial view of my 80 acres. The pond is 4.5 acres and 80 feet deep. It flows to the left thru about 6 acres of cattails into the big lake at the left bottom of the picture.

Fortunately - nobody has given me any flack about my management of my wetlands or associated areas. This is the 80th year that this property has been in my family.

/ Building a smlll 100' pond in a rainy area #13  
If you are willing to play the game, you can win at it.

Maybe the OP could dig a big hole and use the dirt elsewhere on his property. Too bad the rain keeps flooding it.

:)

Bruce

/ Building a smlll 100' pond in a rainy area #14  
^^^ Some towns are just that idiotic. You can't dig a pond, but you can dig dirt to use elsewhere for fill or grading purposes.