day65-9.jpg

day65-10.jpg

day65-11.jpg

day65-12.jpg

day65-13.jpg

day65-14.jpg

day65-15.jpg

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #782  
Really looking good! What did the builder say about the soffit/fascia being the wrong color?

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #783  
Looking good Pete.

It must be nice not to have hot soils to build on. Around here tying the slab to the foundation with rebar is just asking for trouble.

I forgot to ask in my last post; but I noticed the ducts in the basement are insulated. Is that code in your area, something you requested, or the builder's standard way of doing things? In any case, I like it!

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #784  
I'm glad to see your builder is using a vapor barior under the garage floor, so many builders skip this detail. As for the facia, it looks good, but will not function as a drip edge should, since it is not placed under the ice/water sheild. I would dought, this will pass inspection. I prefer to install all vented soffit panels, since wind direction can effect airflow.
What are the panels in your last photo? I sure like your photo's, how do you post them in the large size, that you do?
As for your bathroom exhaust fans, 4" plastic sewer pipe works good, (thin wall) Its easy to slope away from the fan, and moisture does not condense as bad as metal ducting.

Dave

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #785  
I sure like your photo's, how do you post them in the large size, that you do?
Dave

Dave, the photos are actually HTML links to a public website. Hence the better quality and the ability to inline them. Granted this technique is a whole lot more cumbersome that just attachments, but the results are worth it. I admire Peter for spending the [huge amount of] extra time to post in this way.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #786  
I'm glad to see your builder is using a vapor barior under the garage floor, so many builders skip this detail. As for the facia, it looks good, but will not function as a drip edge should, since it is not placed under the ice/water sheild. I would dought, this will pass inspection. I prefer to install all vented soffit panels, since wind direction can effect airflow.
What are the panels in your last photo? I sure like your photo's, how do you post them in the large size, that you do?

Have you ever read the instructions for Ice and water shield ??? http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...u4CoAw&usg=AFQjCNE7HZii1GcK4c2_IU5FiTymBYhcSA

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
Really looking good! What did the builder say about the soffit/fascia being the wrong color?
Actually, they are the same cream color as the windows. I compared a piece next to one of the windows. Perfect match.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
I forgot to ask in my last post; but I noticed the ducts in the basement are insulated. Is that code in your area, something you requested, or the builder's standard way of doing things? In any case, I like it!
I think the supply has to be insulated by code. Not sure about the returns, but I like the fact that they are insulating everything.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #790