Building Horse Fence & Run-in shed in the Winter in VA? What to look out for?

/ Building Horse Fence & Run-in shed in the Winter in VA? What to look out for?
These are half-posts, the gate sits on a half buried next to the other half holding the fence up. Buried next to each other, they make the gate opening sturdy. IMHO.

Sorry for the delay, some dark cloud has been over us this w/e. Everyone else, sunny and 60-70. Very odd.

Very Interesting!

We've had the same weather here. yesterday was foggy all day, and today we've only had sun for maybe an hour.

Under the carport, everything is SOAKED...

Thanks for the pictures!

David

Well Tuesday most of the fenceing materials arrived. I think I need maybe 10 more posts, but I will get them later.

Does this really look like 632 feet of horse fence with gates?:confused3:

Now I need to get busy...

I still gotta finalize the run-in shed design and get that lumber...

Be well all.
David

Attachments

• 2013-02-20 07.46.44.jpg
    2013-02-20 07.46.44.jpg
    741.8 KB · Views: 415
   / Building Horse Fence & Run-in shed in the Winter in VA? What to look out for? #43  
David is it not a great feeling knowing you don't need to find something to do, it's laying right there looking at you. are your boards treated or are you going to treat em.

Sam,

Some days the fact I have 30 years worth of projects is encouraging... some days it just makes me feel tired and overloaded...

But I'm never bored... :)

David

/ Building Horse Fence & Run-in shed in the Winter in VA? What to look out for? #45  
Sam,

Some days the fact I have 30 years worth of projects is encouraging... some days it just makes me feel tired and overloaded...

But I'm never bored... :)

David

just take your time you doing great, you will have this project done in no time.[if the weather will warm up and dry out a little]

This project is on indefinate hold until I can resolve my marriage issues...

Friday they came and picked up all the fencing materials and took them back.
Yesterday I went in and processed the 90% refund off my card.
Today the horses should be picked up and taken back to the rescue I got them from.

My temporary horse pasture lived up to its name. It held the horses for 14 months and 10 days...

Thanks for all of the support and encouragement.

Be well all,
David

/ Building Horse Fence & Run-in shed in the Winter in VA? What to look out for? #47  
This project is on indefinate hold until I can resolve my marriage issues...

Friday they came and picked up all the fencing materials and took them back.
Yesterday I went in and processed the 90% refund off my card.
Today the horses should be picked up and taken back to the rescue I got them from.

My temporary horse pasture lived up to its name. It held the horses for 14 months and 10 days...

Thanks for all of the support and encouragement.

Be well all,
David
Best wishes. Please keep your Head up. Keeping the lines of communication open, along with Patience, will work Wonders.

Best wishes. Please keep your Head up. Keeping the lines of communication open, along with Patience, will work Wonders.

Thanks CreekBend...

I am trying sir... I am trying...

David