Backhoe Building my own subframe

/ Building my own subframe #1  

samgibbs3rd

Tractor
2018 Mahindra 1526 HST
   / Building my own subframe #2  
I think if its your first project you should start off with a carry-all for the 3 point or a hitch for moving trailers. Then work your way up to your subframe

/ Building my own subframe #3  
Anybody can do anything if they put their mind to it. Basic skills are a must to get started though. A sub-frame welding project requires full penetration welds due to the stresses they need to absorb. It takes quite a bit of practice to get to be proficient. Such a project is not a learning experience. My opinion only.

Just noticed your BH is a 3P hitch mount. They should just mount on your hitch right out of the box and not need a sub-frame. Maybe I am missing something though. The description is somewhat misleading: they give a hydraulic requirement and also allude that the attachment has its own hydraulics operated by the PTO. More details explaining the its operation would be helpful. Is there a manual with it? Also I am not familiar with your tractor.

Ron

/ Building my own subframe #4  
the sub frame would take stress off the rear of the tractor,

I built a backhoe, and chose a sub frame, it mounts on a bracket under the axles, (just slips in) and to the loader mount in the middle of the tractor, and attaches with two bolts, very little stress is transferred to the tractor,

it basically is two 6" chanels, welded into the frame of the back hoe,

the problem is if your a beginning welder, there is a very good chance that the welds you will achieve will not be of a quality to hold up with the stress that a back hoe can put on welds,

I heard once (this is not to discourage you), but one needs to weld up there weight in rod, on a average to be considered a welder, (now my son who is a professional welder, when he was starting out was welding tanks and going through a 50 pound box in less than a day,
so it is not that much rod
but for a hobbiest, it is a lot of rod when most buy in 10 pound boxes,

one of the problems is once one gets a (chicken **** weld), on the iron and in the joint, even to take it to some one who can weld good, it will take a lot of time to grind off the poor weld and to prep it for welding up correctly,

I would suggest welding up some stands, or benches and other items that if failure occurs there is no threat to person, then after you get some experience under your belt, move on to more critical items, and repairs,

my two cents

/ Building my own subframe #5  
My two cents - welding heavy steel is a heck of a lot easier than welding thin stock.

So assuming you are otherwise a very handy DIYer ....

Do your due diligence learning welding basics, get some decent scrap to practice on for a few hours, then ......

Have at that subframe! As for getting weld penetration - appropriately grounding the joints in the right places is essential and make sure your welder is cranked up enough, and more if in doubt.

For your design, I highly recommend that you study how factory subframes for that tractor or similar tractors are built and attached to the machine.