Bulk Feed Trailer

/ Bulk Feed Trailer
Thanks Gordon. I'll look up Cake Feeders.

All our feed is from coffee cans. Small coffee can of food for each horse, two large coffee cans of feed for the goats, and the chickens all eat out of the big feeder that's there for them 24/7

I just drove to the other farm, and near Canton I saw some dump trailers. Now I'm wondering if that would work for me. Just scoop the food out of the bed, then raise the bed so the food slides to the back. I need to figure out a top, and a way to keep bugs out, so it's something to think about.

/ Bulk Feed Trailer #22  
Eddie,
The cake feeders come in two styles, a trip hopper that is better suited for range cubes and auger style for pellets. They both have a momentary switch to dispense the amount you want.

Our feeding is the same as yours. A coffee can for the horses, goats and donkeys. I feed the chickens using a deer feeder that throws 2x/day.:D I always get tired of having to get rid of all the empty bags.

/ Bulk Feed Trailer #23  
Eddie as far as feed spoilage goes, nothing says that you have to fill it to the brim, you will get a feel for how much feed your animals can utilize before it spoils.

/ Bulk Feed Trailer #24  
The wagon likely needed some front end parts and as strange as it may seem an alignment, the toe in is critical if you wish to tow with a truck over 25 mph.
Back in the 80's I towed one those four-wheel carts with a front axle that steered from Billings to south of Miles City on I90 with a Chevy SRW one ton pickup. The first say three miles were terrifying due to the wobbling. Stopped and used a chain to tighten the front axle (hooked from the each front spindle through the tongue behind the hitch pin and use a chain boomer to tension it) then it towed fine at 55 MPH.