Bulk Grease Choice?

/ Bulk Grease Choice? #22  
Does moly have any disadvantages? From what I've read so far it sounds like the only choice for FEL pivots - which is the only part of my tractor that needs grease more often than every 50 hours (FEL spec is every 10 hours).

/ Bulk Grease Choice? #23  
Z-Michigan said:
Does moly have any disadvantages? From what I've read so far it sounds like the only choice for FEL pivots - which is the only part of my tractor that needs grease more often than every 50 hours (FEL spec is every 10 hours).

As far as vehicles and tractors go the only disadvantage would be a higher price. There are some special applications in industry that Moly wouldn't be recommended but they are few and far between.

/ Bulk Grease Choice? #24  
jeffinsgf,

What bulk grease gun did you get, where did you get it and what did you pay for it?

Thanks.

/ Bulk Grease Choice? #25  
Where do you guys buy this stuff? I did a search for the moly 880 and could not find anyone actually selling it - just links to TRC.

/ Bulk Grease Choice? #26  
You buy it directly from TRC.

/ Bulk Grease Choice? #27  
Who's TRC ?? I feel stupid!!

/ Bulk Grease Choice? #28  
TRC = Texas Refinery Corp. There's a link to the grease being discussed in the second post of this thread.

/ Bulk Grease Choice? #29  
My Dealer (Pine Bush, Holmes Branch) Recommended that I use Komatsu Moly-EP High Pressure Grease. We have a 2006 BX24 that I make sure to grease often. You've got to use the stuff rated Moly-EP High Pressure for anything that moves on your tractor. The better the grease, the less often you have to get pins replaced.