BullDog Loader detail info needed

/ BullDog Loader detail info needed #1  

bmaverick

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM2610 ■YANMAR GURU■ EXTRAORDINAIRE
Anyone have a source for these manuals?
BullDog only made a few models for Compact Tractors globally beginning in 2010.
LOADERS

Trying to locate documents from the last decade. Its not like finding docs from the 80s when the internet was very crude.

In another posted thread, Eric said, Bulldog 285, uses a valve made by AKON. Who are they?

/ BullDog Loader detail info needed #2  
Bulldog's address in 2013 was a few miles out of Saigon. I don't see it in the Wayback Machine subsequently.

I though their loaders came pre-installed on VN recons, so there may have never been any documentation.

/ BullDog Loader detail info needed
Bulldog's address in 2013 was a few miles out of Saigon. I don't see it in the Wayback Machine subsequently.

I though their loaders came pre-installed on VN recons, so there may have never been any documentation.
Eric and I figured out a bit more info and posted it all here. So he's try once again to reach out.

/ BullDog Loader detail info needed #4  
Eric and I figured out a bit more info and posted it all here. So he's try once again to reach out.
Oh. You're already miles ahead of what I found. I hadn't see that thread over in Hydraulics.

FWIW I installed a Prince valve to replace the dribbly one that was original on my Great Bend loader. (Float on both). Amazon had the Prince in stock. And this one had the advantage of hoses pointed down, important in my orchard where I'm continually ducking under branches.

Here's the thread where I asked all the dumb questions about Power Beyond etc before installing it. I got replies that the Yanmar manual is wrong, you can't have the valve in series ahead of the 3-point lift.

But I finally decided to set it up in series same as what I replaced. 10 years now and it still works perfectly.

Good luck with this.

/ BullDog Loader detail info needed #5  
Oh. You're already miles ahead of what I found. I hadn't see that thread over in Hydraulics.

FWIW I installed a Prince valve to replace the dribbly one that was original on my Great Bend loader. (Float on both). Amazon had the Prince in stock. And this one had the advantage of hoses pointed down, important in my orchard where I'm continually ducking under branches.

Here's the thread where I asked all the dumb questions about Power Beyond etc before installing it. I got replies that the Yanmar manual is wrong, you can't have the valve in series ahead of the 3-point lift.

But I finally decided to set it up in series same as what I replaced. 10 years now and it still works perfectly.

Good luck with this.
So, which Prince valve did you use? I guess what I really want to know is the flow through the valve. If I need to replace the complete valve to get the float function then so be it. I still need to know the proper flow rate so that a replacement valve will act the same. Do you still have this information?
Thanks,
Eric

/ BullDog Loader detail info needed #6  
So, which Prince valve did you use? I guess what I really want to know is the flow through the valve. If I need to replace the complete valve to get the float function then so be it. I still need to know the proper flow rate so that a replacement valve will act the same. Do you still have this information?
Thanks,
Eric
Here's what I have at hand. It has a link to Prince's documentation. And see the product reviews, the first one is comprehensive, well written. :) :rolleyes:

Note this valve mounts below the mounting plate and the controls would be backward if it were on top. I recall digging around in Prince's product listings to find what I wanted.

Prince LVT1GB5AB1 Loader Valve

/ BullDog Loader detail info needed #7  
That valve looks like the Wagner I have on the ford. Same setup and not much to it. You can still download the manuals. May get some good info.? Everything Mine works really good now. Really pleased with it. The loader is self-contained. A few bolts and a pump shaft and it removes all intact.
1701703823079.jpeg

/ BullDog Loader detail info needed #8  
I zoomed in and all your the hoses do come out the bottom and mine are all out the top. I never cared for mine and the one in between the control levers. No problems so I good with it. If I ever have to change it I think I'll change it to coming out underneath. I'll have to research that and see if the returm is the reason on mines opposite?

Attachments

• 000_0295.JPG
    000_0295.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
   / BullDog Loader detail info needed #9  
Control valves are usually not rebuildable. There aren't orings , just close tolerances.Any open center valve with the correct flow rate will work. Might take some hose adapters.

/ BullDog Loader detail info needed
Ah, the LCI website is back up now. The loaders are shown,

And loader controls,