bulldozer information

/ bulldozer information #1  

Hillbilly

Platinum Member
Does anyone know of a nice type of small bulldozer,I believe Case makes one,or any magazines or discussion boards that relates to the topics of bulldozers etc. would be appreciated.
Thanks

/ bulldozer information #2  
Hillbilly,

You can try the site www.ibdozing.com that was recommended from another poster in here. There are alot of manufacturers of small dozers out there but buy the biggest one you can. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Darin

/ bulldozer information
scotd,Darin:
Thanks for the info,much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hillbilly

/ bulldozer information #5  
HB, the world is lacking a good dicussion group for dozers... There is very little information on the net or published that I could find... The groups below are there, but I have found little help... TBN has really spoiled me bad, way to use to answers to questions right away... I looked for over an year before I found the JD450 I bought... Let me know if I can help you.... JAG

/ bulldozer information
Rock and Dirt magazine

JD,Jag,
Here is a magazine I suscribed to today that has a lot of good info. Called Rock and Dirt ,the web site I found in yahoo called Rock and Dirt on line,I seen this magazine years ago and it had a lot of info,my wifes cousin worked in the strip mines in S.E. Ohio and done a little dozer work on the side give me a copy of this years back,I figured what the heck $16.00 for a years subscription,I would get that much reading pleasure out of it if anything.

/ bulldozer information #8  
HB, I sure would get some one who knows something about a dozer when going to look at one to buy. You can get a GOOD education on dozers in a hurry... and it can get espensive faster than one would believe... Alot of the lower priced small dozers can cost as much the first time in the shop as they did to buy. One of the dozer's I looked at while going to buy was priced low, worked hard, but looked in good shape. The boy sold it for about $2000 more without having to deliver it to some one else showed up just after me. I found out later that the motor blow after about 15 hours.. nothing could be saved. Another $6000-10000 on a old beat-up machine.... Be Careful Out There...

/ bulldozer information #9  
Re: Rock and Dirt magazine

HB, please let me know if the "Rock and Dirt" is a on your suggested buy list. I really would like some help or input from time to time and it is hard to come by...

/ bulldozer information
Re: Rock and Dirt magazine

As soon as I get it in the mail and I look at it I will let you know.