Buried my dog today

/ Buried my dog today #31  
No man. It don't sound stupid. I had to do the exact same thing to our 13 year old beagle. Well to be honest I couldn't do it. I told my wife that if it had to be me to bring it to the vet I just wouldn't be able to go through with it. When she returned from the vet the blanket was still warm with the little feller in it and I lost it. I buried her out back and for every shovel full or dirt I cried a gallon of tears.
That was 6 years ago and I still miss the little dog.
They really do give us unconditional love. They give us much more than we give them. I'm very sorry for your loss but remember, you gave your buddy a good life that some pets never get to experience and remember all the good times you had.

/ Buried my dog today
The vet said the most likely culprit was "immune-mediated hemolytic anemia". He told us that his dog also died from this and he went as far as getting a bone marrow transplant and that after experiencing it he tries to persuade people to avoid that route. He said the quality of life for the dog isn't good and the success rate of living after isn't worth it. It helped some when he assured me we were doing the right thing putting him down. I'm sure we could have kept him around longer just keeping him on his medication but I didn't want him suffering.

/ Buried my dog today
No man. It don't sound stupid. I had to do the exact same thing to our 13 year old beagle. Well to be honest I couldn't do it. I told my wife that if it had to be me to bring it to the vet I just wouldn't be able to go through with it. When she returned from the vet the blanket was still warm with the little feller in it and I lost it. I buried her out back and for every shovel full or dirt I cried a gallon of tears.
That was 6 years ago and I still miss the little dog.
They really do give us unconditional love. They give us much more than we give them. I'm very sorry for your loss but remember, you gave your buddy a good life that some pets never get to experience and remember all the good times you had.

I also cried as I buried him. He had a bed that my wife made him that he loved, I put it in the bottom of the hole with him on top of it so he could lay on his bed forever.

Thanks again everyone.

/ Buried my dog today #35  
I did similar. Put her bed down then arranged her favorite toys around her. Finally I covered her with an old towel that she used to like me to cover her with when it was really cold. Even a year later, I still keep a solar light marking her grave.

/ Buried my dog today #36  
I also cried as I buried him. He had a bed that my wife made him that he loved, I put it in the bottom of the hole with him on top of it so he could lay on his bed forever.

Thanks again everyone.
I respect what you did. Our inside dog has a seizure about every 3 months. I hold her everytime and talk to her while she is having the seizure. Tears flow from my eyes during and after the episode. The Vet said not to worry until the seizures occur like once a week, and then prescribe some pills to control the problem.

/ Buried my dog today #37  
Sorry to hear this, these times are hard to handle. Dogs are so loving and only want to please. The love they give during their short lives is so rewarding.

/ Buried my dog today #38  
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, it is not easy to say goodby to our companions. It has been a few years since I lost my Dobe, and every time I read one of these threads, I get a lump in my throat. Some dogs just leave a permanent mark on your sole, mine did. And I miss him everyday. I hope you can find another one almost as special.

/ Buried my dog today #39  
I respect what you did. Our inside dog has a seizure about every 3 months. I hold her everytime and talk to her while she is having the seizure. Tears flow from my eyes during and after the episode. The Vet said not to worry until the seizures occur like once a week, and then prescribe some pills to control the problem.
My little girl Minnie had two seizures in rapid succession about a year and a half ago and it affected me the same way as you. It scared the heck out of me and all I could do was hold her and try to comfort her as best I could. It really was one of the worst times of my life. I took her to our vet as soon as I could and she said all we could do was wait and see if it happened again but fortunately she hasn't had a repeat.

/ Buried my dog today #40  
We lost out Chocolate Lab "Our Daughter" overnight last night and found out this morning. Jazz had been a little heavy and started drinking a great deal more water than normal. I took her to the Vet about a month ago and he found high blood sugar. We decided to try limiting the treats and have her tested again in about 6 weeks. Last week she started to eat less and then over the weekend would eat almost nothing. I took her in Monday and she got a couple shots and some vitamins. Monday night, she would not eat anything and would not hold down water. I took her in Tuesday morning and the Vet decided she was dehydrated and to try hydrating her with IV, but could not get a good vein so decided to keep her overnight and do it under the skin. He mildly sedated her to keep her from pulling out the needles and checked heart and breating (both OK) she was sleeping calmly when he left last night - This morning she had passed away in the night.
We Loved Jazz and will miss her terribly - she was nearly 9 and had never spent a night without one of us. At least she did not suffer (had no pain) and we did not need to put her down. I had taken her fishing in our pond Saturday and we had a good time. We plan to have her cremated and put the ashes in the pond she loved so much. She would happily swim or go fishing with me all day. I wish she was here, but must believe we will have happy days again in Heaven.