Burned a hole in Tractor seat - How to Keep from Growing ?

/ Burned a hole in Tractor seat - How to Keep from Growing ? #21  
Pick up a tube of Dow 995 structural caulking. Fill the hole and spread it over the top. That stuff will never come off and it will patch the hole for ever.

/ Burned a hole in Tractor seat - How to Keep from Growing ?
Pick up a tube of Dow 995 structural caulking. Fill the hole and spread it over the top. That stuff will never come off and it will patch the hole for ever.
Looks like good stuff - thanks. Will be a good candidate for my next try if/when the liquid tape fails.

gg

/ Burned a hole in Tractor seat - How to Keep from Growing ? #23  
Maybe fill in with black RTV and smooth it out best you can. I know, it's a redneck thing. Tape will get loose and stick to your britches.

I've done that on several seats and been pretty satisfied with the results. Nothing smooths RTV out better than spit on a fingertip...
But you probably already knew that. RTV takes water from the air or whatever in the curing process.

Yeah, I'm originally a redneck, redhead from Arkansas & Texas...but got civilized and now speak real good.

rScotty

/ Burned a hole in Tractor seat - How to Keep from Growing ? #24  
Buy some quality Vinyl the matches you seat . Cut a patch and coat with
3M super 77 adhesive spray . Lightly buff seat and tape off area . Spray around hole . Attach patch let sit for 24 hours and done permanently. Fast cheap and permanent.

/ Burned a hole in Tractor seat - How to Keep from Growing ?
Update: Well my seat repair last September ( see post #17 ) using Liquid Electrical Tape made it thru the winter unscathed. Used the tractor all winter and keep it outside too. It's not the smoothest job but it is sealed and was very easy. Just daubed on a couple coats.

P1010531.JPG

gg

/ Burned a hole in Tractor seat - How to Keep from Growing ? #26  
I hate vinyl seats, remind me of a 60's econocar. Get a seatcover and be happy. Better yet buy a replacement Cordura seat and be happier.

/ Burned a hole in Tractor seat - How to Keep from Growing ? #27  
I'm glad to hear that the winter weather didn't cause havoc on the repair Gordon! I bought some of the same stuff you used and fixed a small tear/hole on the upper backrest of my seat and it's also been holding up superbly. I just dabbed several layers on - as you did - and it's been holding shape just fine.
Thanks for your initial post and the follow-up. Greg

/ Burned a hole in Tractor seat - How to Keep from Growing ? #28  
Thanks - some good suggestions. Tape would be OK but I'd like to try harder than that so I'll probably try a kit or CalG's Weldwood patch.

I saw a YouTube guy who used PlastiDip. Looked too easy ! Has anyone tried that. I have some liquid wire insulation which might work similarly ????

gg
Just buy a vinyl repair kit. It’s made for what you want to do. Then buy a Durafit seat cover.

/ Burned a hole in Tractor seat - How to Keep from Growing ? #29  
Shoe Goo works in a Pinch as well- but not as pretty

/ Burned a hole in Tractor seat - How to Keep from Growing ? #30  
I hate vinyl seats, remind me of a 60's econocar. Get a seatcover and be happy. Better yet buy a replacement Cordura seat and be happier.
Durafit number KU25 for seats with armrests. About $35 for the cordura material. They also sell other models for seats without armrests.