Bush Hog 2615 with sticky hinges

/ Bush Hog 2615 with sticky hinges #11  
If you are truly in the heartland of America, once you figure out whether you need the inner profile, outer profile, or both, do yourself a favor and take the shaft you need to replace to a tractor & implement dealer and order generic shafting rather than by Bush Hog part number. You will save a bundle.

/ Bush Hog 2615 with sticky hinges
Thanks, that is great advice. I was going to just order a BushHog part. And while I'm at it, it looks like I'm going to need a new clutch or two and a seal kit for one of the lift cylinders.

If you are truly in the heartland of America, once you ..

Yeah, I'm not too terribly far from Lebanon. But we still have some dealers over here.

/ Bush Hog 2615 with sticky hinges #13  
yeah, what RickB said.
it's just a generic shaft.

but, when you take it apart, you have to fully take apart the slip clutch, because clearly it's seized up.

the problem is that the other side is weakened and it will quickly bend.

just replace both sides.

Ok. Thanks RickB and LoneCowboy. I'll just go ahead and get both sides. Regarding the generic-ness of it: W
ill I just be getting bare cardan rods, or will their be U-joints attached?

/ Bush Hog 2615 with sticky hinges #15  
Bare shafting, either cut to your length as requested, or in the stock length of (usually) 60".

Phew. Big relief. Now I know why I come here--and why you guys must have thought I was being a knucklehead about only replacing one half. I thought I was going to have to buy the BH pieces which come with a yoke. Those things are big bucks (relative to how much $ I have in jars in the back yard right now). I've found 5' sections of shaft online, depending on type, for less than $40.

The female side in the BH drawing shows a curious 4-hump piece at the end of the shaft near the mating end. As far as I can tell, mine does not have that part, or at least it does not look similar. What is it for? Balance?