Bush Hog 296 compared to MX6

/ Bush Hog 296 compared to MX6 #11  
I have a MX6 with Chinese gear box and a broken shaft where the retainer ring was cut into hold the shaft in place. estimated 20 hours total use and was cutting level grass when broke.
Purchased a Bush hog 286 and have been satisfied it will work. Those after 2010 have 2year warranty. Bush hog it is 10 year .
My MX6 still sitting on junk pile awaiting a $1200 decision at to sell for junk or make a rock boat out of it,
ken

Yes i would stay away form the MX6. Doesnt mean yours will fail but too much money to risk when you can buy a land pride 2772, bush hog 296 or brown 472 and we all know these are great units.

/ Bush Hog 296 compared to MX6 #12  
I have a MX6 with Chinese gear box and a broken shaft where the retainer ring was cut into hold the shaft in place. estimated 20 hours total use and was cutting level grass when broke.
Purchased a Bush hog 286 and have been satisfied it will work. Those after 2010 have 2year warranty. Bush hog it is 10 year .
My MX6 still sitting on junk pile awaiting a $1200 decision at to sell for junk or make a rock boat out of it,
ken
The new Chinese ones have a 5 year warranty, started in 2010 or so. I have not heard of the Chinese ones failing.

/ Bush Hog 296 compared to MX6 #13  
I have an MX6 that has not failed YET, might not ever fail or might fail tommorow. If I were buying a new one tommorow it would be a Bushhog brand. I did have a Bush Hog brand 6' heavy duty model fail years ago but I was able to replace the shaft without buying the whole gearbox. I feel Deere has fallen short on this issue and would rather give Bush Hog the nudge in this case.

/ Bush Hog 296 compared to MX6 #14  
I have an MX6 that has not failed YET, might not ever fail or might fail tommorow. If I were buying a new one tommorow it would be a Bushhog brand. I did have a Bush Hog brand 6' heavy duty model fail years ago but I was able to replace the shaft without buying the whole gearbox. I feel Deere has fallen short on this issue and would rather give Bush Hog the nudge in this case.

Agreed! If buying new you can get JD green too.