Bush Hog/Rotary Mower use question

/ Bush Hog/Rotary Mower use question #21  
The problem with disking alone is that it will still leave furrows that are rough to drive across. You can certainly mow parallel to the furrows but that is not always practical. You can also just deal with it and over time it will flatten out, and I've done it this way, but still hate driving across furrows. Raking or box blading right after you disk might be necessary for smooth mowing.

/ Bush Hog/Rotary Mower use question #22  
The problem with disking alone is that it will still leave furrows that are rough to drive across. You can certainly mow parallel to the furrows but that is not always practical. You can also just deal with it and over time it will flatten out, and I've done it this way, but still hate driving across furrows. Raking or box blading right after you disk might be necessary for smooth mowing.
Drag a railroad tie behind the disk.

/ Bush Hog/Rotary Mower use question #23  
Drag a railroad tie behind the disk.

Yep. Before I got my rake I used a length of chain link fence rolled up with rocks. Sometimes you have to use what you've got. You can also make several passes with the disk each time setting the disk arms less aggressive. It still leaves furrows, especially the outside disks, but they are smaller.

/ Bush Hog/Rotary Mower use question #25  
Wait until the young dear, rabbits and turkeys are large enough to move out of the way before mowing.

/ Bush Hog/Rotary Mower use question #26  
Wait until the young dear, rabbits and turkeys are large enough to move out of the way before mowing.

That's a good idea. Nesting season usually ends August 1 in the corn belt.

/ Bush Hog/Rotary Mower use question #27  
Wife spotted our first batch of baby turkeys yesterday in the front yard.