Bush Hog Troubleshooting

/ Bush Hog Troubleshooting #31  
Tell me about independent PTO's. My PTO is buried below the fuel tank. The only clutch pack I've found is in the drive shaft to the gearbox that swings the stump jumper - and thus blades.

I'm only willing to work just so hard and long on this. At some point I may have the dealer come and get the whole rig and make it work. I have no ambitions for being a tractor mechanic. I have gotten way behind this summer on a street rod project that is important to me.

your machine.. you look it up in your service manual. ( you should have one.. ) I don't have a manual to your machine....

if that's the machine you have.. that jd model.. it has ind pto.. thus the pto section INSIDE the tractor center housing .. there will be a hyd actuated clutch pack. It's not like it's going to be swinging by some bailing wire outside the tractor for you to see or anything...

pretty common / industry standard.. no magic gnome or anything in there that runs on a treadmill to spin the pto when you flip the control to 'on'

the 2240 i worked on had a flip contrl up by the gear shifter and another in the rear, and hte clutch pack was rougly located about a foot and a half under the seat in side the upper middle of the center housing, at the front of it, just aft of the transmission..

;)

soundguy